Jun 4, 2014, 6:47 PM EDT
After spending the last two seasons on Wayne Tinkle’s staff at Montana, Kerry Rupp will make the move with his boss to Oregon State and serve as Tinkle’s associate head coach. Rupp, who has coached at the college level since 2000 (coaching at the high school level for more than two decades prior to making the move), is the second addition to Tinkle’s coaching staff with former Cal assistant Gregg Gottlieb being the first.
“I’m thrilled to have Kerry on our staff here at Oregon State” Tinkle said in the release. “He was with me the last two years at Montana and just brings a wealth of knowledge of the game, both offensively and defensively. He’s unbelievable in player development.
“You look at who he’s coached and where he’s been; his resume speaks volumes for his experience. We are just excited to have him here at Oregon State.”
Rupp has been a head coach at two different Division I schools, serving as the interim head coach at Utah during the 2003-04 season and leading the Louisiana Tech program from 2007-11. Prior to taking over at Louisiana Tech, Rupp was a member of Mike Davis’ coaching staffs at Indiana (2004-06) and UAB (2006-07).
Jul 4, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Mathiang’s playing on an Australian team that includes the likes of Peter Hooley and Hugh Greenwood.
Jul 4, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
The 6-foot-9 Henry averaged 6.0 points and 3.6 rebounds per game last season.
Jul 4, 2015, 3:59 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led the way with 30 points for the United States, which plays Croatia Sunday.
Jul 4, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Miles Bridges is one of the better scorers in the 2016 class.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
The US is taking on the hosts in the semifinals, with the winner getting Croatia on Sunday.
Jul 4, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Four players from 2015 NCAA tournament programs are trying out for the Canadian national team.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Kansas won its debut overseas this summer as Wayne Selden had a big outing.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
UConn landed a quality guard in the Class of 2016.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Given Oregon’s many perimeter options, minutes were likely to be at a premium for Rorie in 2015-16.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
The top four players remain the same.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:19 PM EDT
The redshirt junior has not played since January 2014.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
The rising sophomore was originally being blocked from transferring to 55 schools.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
Ohio State begins its 2017 class with a local product.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led USA Basketball with 17 points.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
A lot of unranked players made their way into the top five in a surprisingly deep class.
Jul 3, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led four Americans in double figures with 17 points.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Minnesota is one of four schools the 6-foot-10 center is reportedly considering.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
The lone school to host the Georgia native on an official visit is considered to be the favorite in this recruiting race.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Oregon still has a date to fill (December 29), which the school expects to be filled by an in-state opponent.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)