Jun 4, 2014, 8:28 PM EST
In two seasons as the head coach at Samford, Bennie Seltzer has put together a record of 24 wins and 41 losses. According to a report by Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com the school is ready to make a change, with the school expected to officially part ways with Seltzer next week.
While the 24-41 mark isn’t the most impressive, wins and losses aren’t seen as the reason why Samford will reportedly look to make a change. The problem: 14 players have left the Samford program in the last two years, including five of the top six scorers from the 2013-14 squad. Among the transfers at the end of the 2013-14 season was forward Tim Williams, who shot 60.1% from the field and posted averages of 17.6 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
For his efforts Williams was named first team All-SoCon by the league’s coaches. The program also lost guard and SoCon Freshman of the Year Isaiah Williams, as he decided to transfer as well.
At present time Samford’s leading returning scorer would be rising senior forward Tyler Hood, who averaged 7.8 points and 3.1 rebounds per game last season. Last month the program announced the signing of four players, three of whom are junior college transfers.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)