Jun 4, 2014, 8:28 PM EDT
In two seasons as the head coach at Samford, Bennie Seltzer has put together a record of 24 wins and 41 losses. According to a report by Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com the school is ready to make a change, with the school expected to officially part ways with Seltzer next week.
While the 24-41 mark isn’t the most impressive, wins and losses aren’t seen as the reason why Samford will reportedly look to make a change. The problem: 14 players have left the Samford program in the last two years, including five of the top six scorers from the 2013-14 squad. Among the transfers at the end of the 2013-14 season was forward Tim Williams, who shot 60.1% from the field and posted averages of 17.6 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
For his efforts Williams was named first team All-SoCon by the league’s coaches. The program also lost guard and SoCon Freshman of the Year Isaiah Williams, as he decided to transfer as well.
At present time Samford’s leading returning scorer would be rising senior forward Tyler Hood, who averaged 7.8 points and 3.1 rebounds per game last season. Last month the program announced the signing of four players, three of whom are junior college transfers.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)