Jun 6, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
With one opening on his coaching staff left to fill, Ball State head coach James Whitford has hired an assistant who is undoubtedly familiar with the way in which he wants to do things in Muncie.
Thursday the school made official the news that was reported by multiple outlets earlier in the week, that Danny Peters would join the Ball State coaching staff. Peters was formerly the assistant director of basketball operations at Arizona, where he spent three seasons with Whitford before the latter accepted the head coaching position at Ball State last spring.
“Danny is one of the best and brightest young minds in the game,” Whitford said in the release. “He knows the way we want to play inside and out. He has tremendous experience from his days at Ohio State and Arizona. He is really talented, and we are fortunate to have him join us at Ball State.”
Peters is the second hire to the Ball State coaching staff this spring, with Brian Thornton joining the program in early May. Thornton and Peters join Jason Grunkemeyer, the lone holdover from last season’s coaching staff, as Whitford’s assistants. In Whitford’s first season at the helm Ball State finished with a record of 5-25 (2-16 MAC).
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 1
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)