Jun 6, 2014, 3:47 PM EST
Georgia Tech head coach Brian Gregory has been one of the busier coaches on the transfer market this spring, and Friday he received a third commitment from a player looking for a new home. Nick Jacobs, a 6-foot-8 forward who played his first three seasons at Alabama, announced his decision to transfer to Georgia Tech according to multiple outlets. Jacobs picked the Yellow Jackets over fellow ACC school Miami.
Jacobs started ten of the 25 games in which he played last season, posting averages of 8.4 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. Jacobs’ season was cut short by the decision to take an indefinite leave of absence from the program in mid-February, as he did not return to the program after playing in the Crimson Tide’s loss to South Carolina on February 15.
In mid-May it was announced that Jacobs would be transferring, leading to his selection of Georgia Tech on Friday. He’ll have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, with the 2015-16 campaign serving as his senior season.
Jacobs joins another SEC transfer in former Ole Miss center DeMarco Cox (who is eligible to play immediately) and former USF point guard Josh Heath as transfers who have joined Gregory program’s this spring. In total six players will join the Georgia Tech program, with incoming 6-foot-10 freshmen Ben Lammers and Abdoulaye Gueye being important additions due to their size. The third freshman joining the program is guard Tadric Jackson.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)