Jun 6, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Georgia Tech head coach Brian Gregory has been one of the busier coaches on the transfer market this spring, and Friday he received a third commitment from a player looking for a new home. Nick Jacobs, a 6-foot-8 forward who played his first three seasons at Alabama, announced his decision to transfer to Georgia Tech according to multiple outlets. Jacobs picked the Yellow Jackets over fellow ACC school Miami.
Jacobs started ten of the 25 games in which he played last season, posting averages of 8.4 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. Jacobs’ season was cut short by the decision to take an indefinite leave of absence from the program in mid-February, as he did not return to the program after playing in the Crimson Tide’s loss to South Carolina on February 15.
In mid-May it was announced that Jacobs would be transferring, leading to his selection of Georgia Tech on Friday. He’ll have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, with the 2015-16 campaign serving as his senior season.
Jacobs joins another SEC transfer in former Ole Miss center DeMarco Cox (who is eligible to play immediately) and former USF point guard Josh Heath as transfers who have joined Gregory program’s this spring. In total six players will join the Georgia Tech program, with incoming 6-foot-10 freshmen Ben Lammers and Abdoulaye Gueye being important additions due to their size. The third freshman joining the program is guard Tadric Jackson.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)