Jun 6, 2014, 6:36 PM EST
Manhattan has reinstated head coach Steve Masiello after the head coach completed his undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky.
Masiello was previously set to become the head coach at South Florida before it was found that he hadn’t completed his degree at Kentucky. Manhattan took Masiello back on the condition that he completed his degree. The coach finished his requirement in May and the school announced his reinstatement in a release.
“I am extremely grateful to Manhattan for the opportunity to return as its men’s basketball coach,” Masiello said. “I also am happy to have completed the requirements for my degree.”
Masiello has been the head coach at Manhattan since April of 2011 and led them to the NCAA Tournament in 2014 with a 25-8 record. The head coach is 60-39 overall in his tenure at Manhattan.
Nice to see that this scenario has finally come to an end and Masiello can get back to leading the Jaspers.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)