Jun 6, 2014, 6:36 PM EST
Manhattan has reinstated head coach Steve Masiello after the head coach completed his undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky.
Masiello was previously set to become the head coach at South Florida before it was found that he hadn’t completed his degree at Kentucky. Manhattan took Masiello back on the condition that he completed his degree. The coach finished his requirement in May and the school announced his reinstatement in a release.
“I am extremely grateful to Manhattan for the opportunity to return as its men’s basketball coach,” Masiello said. “I also am happy to have completed the requirements for my degree.”
Masiello has been the head coach at Manhattan since April of 2011 and led them to the NCAA Tournament in 2014 with a 25-8 record. The head coach is 60-39 overall in his tenure at Manhattan.
Nice to see that this scenario has finally come to an end and Masiello can get back to leading the Jaspers.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 25
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (25)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)