Jun 6, 2014, 6:36 PM EST
Manhattan has reinstated head coach Steve Masiello after the head coach completed his undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky.
Masiello was previously set to become the head coach at South Florida before it was found that he hadn’t completed his degree at Kentucky. Manhattan took Masiello back on the condition that he completed his degree. The coach finished his requirement in May and the school announced his reinstatement in a release.
“I am extremely grateful to Manhattan for the opportunity to return as its men’s basketball coach,” Masiello said. “I also am happy to have completed the requirements for my degree.”
Masiello has been the head coach at Manhattan since April of 2011 and led them to the NCAA Tournament in 2014 with a 25-8 record. The head coach is 60-39 overall in his tenure at Manhattan.
Nice to see that this scenario has finally come to an end and Masiello can get back to leading the Jaspers.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)