Jun 6, 2014, 6:36 PM EST
Manhattan has reinstated head coach Steve Masiello after the head coach completed his undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky.
Masiello was previously set to become the head coach at South Florida before it was found that he hadn’t completed his degree at Kentucky. Manhattan took Masiello back on the condition that he completed his degree. The coach finished his requirement in May and the school announced his reinstatement in a release.
“I am extremely grateful to Manhattan for the opportunity to return as its men’s basketball coach,” Masiello said. “I also am happy to have completed the requirements for my degree.”
Masiello has been the head coach at Manhattan since April of 2011 and led them to the NCAA Tournament in 2014 with a 25-8 record. The head coach is 60-39 overall in his tenure at Manhattan.
Nice to see that this scenario has finally come to an end and Masiello can get back to leading the Jaspers.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)