Jun 6, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
Manhattan has reinstated head coach Steve Masiello after the head coach completed his undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky.
Masiello was previously set to become the head coach at South Florida before it was found that he hadn’t completed his degree at Kentucky. Manhattan took Masiello back on the condition that he completed his degree. The coach finished his requirement in May and the school announced his reinstatement in a release.
“I am extremely grateful to Manhattan for the opportunity to return as its men’s basketball coach,” Masiello said. “I also am happy to have completed the requirements for my degree.”
Masiello has been the head coach at Manhattan since April of 2011 and led them to the NCAA Tournament in 2014 with a 25-8 record. The head coach is 60-39 overall in his tenure at Manhattan.
Nice to see that this scenario has finally come to an end and Masiello can get back to leading the Jaspers.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0