Jun 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Murray State gave head coach Steve Prohm some more time to work on Friday, as the school announced extensions for Prohm, athletic director Allen Ward and head football coach Chris Hatcher, the school announced in a release.
Prohm’s contract is extended through May 31, 2018.
“I’m thankful to Dr. Miller and Allen Ward for the continued support and commitment they’ve given to me and my staff,” Prohm said in the release. “I am excited to be here at Murray State and I look forward to leading the Racers into next season.”
Prohm has led the Racers to a 75-23 record in three seasons and won the CollegeInsider.com Tourmanent title last year. Prohm also reached the 2012 NCAA Tournament with a 31-2 mark and helped send Isaiah Canaan to the NBA. The head coach has reached at least 20 wins in all three seasons and has helped Murray State maintain five straight seasons of 20-plus wins.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 0
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)