Jun 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Murray State gave head coach Steve Prohm some more time to work on Friday, as the school announced extensions for Prohm, athletic director Allen Ward and head football coach Chris Hatcher, the school announced in a release.
Prohm’s contract is extended through May 31, 2018.
“I’m thankful to Dr. Miller and Allen Ward for the continued support and commitment they’ve given to me and my staff,” Prohm said in the release. “I am excited to be here at Murray State and I look forward to leading the Racers into next season.”
Prohm has led the Racers to a 75-23 record in three seasons and won the CollegeInsider.com Tourmanent title last year. Prohm also reached the 2012 NCAA Tournament with a 31-2 mark and helped send Isaiah Canaan to the NBA. The head coach has reached at least 20 wins in all three seasons and has helped Murray State maintain five straight seasons of 20-plus wins.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)