Jun 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Murray State gave head coach Steve Prohm some more time to work on Friday, as the school announced extensions for Prohm, athletic director Allen Ward and head football coach Chris Hatcher, the school announced in a release.
Prohm’s contract is extended through May 31, 2018.
“I’m thankful to Dr. Miller and Allen Ward for the continued support and commitment they’ve given to me and my staff,” Prohm said in the release. “I am excited to be here at Murray State and I look forward to leading the Racers into next season.”
Prohm has led the Racers to a 75-23 record in three seasons and won the CollegeInsider.com Tourmanent title last year. Prohm also reached the 2012 NCAA Tournament with a 31-2 mark and helped send Isaiah Canaan to the NBA. The head coach has reached at least 20 wins in all three seasons and has helped Murray State maintain five straight seasons of 20-plus wins.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)