Jun 6, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Coming off of a NCAA Tournament appearance, Oklahoma is preparing for another season of high aspirations as Lon Kruger’s team will play a tough non-conference schedule before Big 12 play in 2014-15. The school released the 2014-15 non-conference schedule this week.
Oklahoma plays teams from last year’s tournament like Creighton, Tulsa, Weber State and possibly three more tournament teams in the Bahamas in the Battle 4 Atlantis.
The Battle 4 Atlantis features Butler, Florida, Georgetown, North Carolina, UAB, UCLA Wisconsin, so that’s a really strong field as well.
“This is a very challenging schedule,” Kruger said in the release, “but because of the experience we have with our returning players and with what our new guys bring to the table, we think it suits our team extremely well. Our expectation is to always compete for a Big 12 championship, and this year’s non-conference schedule will afford us the opportunity to play against great competition in November and December to help prepare us for the always difficult conference grind. The Big 12 will once again be one of the toughest — if not the toughest — leagues in the country.”
Oklahoma returns four starters from last year’s team and should be deep enough to be a contender in the Big 12.
Oklahoma non-conference schedule
Nov. 16, Southeastern Louisiana 2 p.m.
Nov. 19, at Creighton (Omaha, Neb.) TBD
Nov. 23, Northwestern State 2 p.m.
Nov. 26, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
Nov. 27, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
Nov. 28, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
Dec. 5, Missouri TBD
Dec. 13, at Tulsa (Tulsa) TBD
Dec. 16, Oral Roberts 7 p.m.
Dec. 20, vs. Washington (Las Vegas) TBD&
Dec. 22, Weber State 7 p.m.
Dec. 31, George Mason TBD
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)