Jun 6, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Coming off of a NCAA Tournament appearance, Oklahoma is preparing for another season of high aspirations as Lon Kruger’s team will play a tough non-conference schedule before Big 12 play in 2014-15. The school released the 2014-15 non-conference schedule this week.
Oklahoma plays teams from last year’s tournament like Creighton, Tulsa, Weber State and possibly three more tournament teams in the Bahamas in the Battle 4 Atlantis.
The Battle 4 Atlantis features Butler, Florida, Georgetown, North Carolina, UAB, UCLA Wisconsin, so that’s a really strong field as well.
“This is a very challenging schedule,” Kruger said in the release, “but because of the experience we have with our returning players and with what our new guys bring to the table, we think it suits our team extremely well. Our expectation is to always compete for a Big 12 championship, and this year’s non-conference schedule will afford us the opportunity to play against great competition in November and December to help prepare us for the always difficult conference grind. The Big 12 will once again be one of the toughest — if not the toughest — leagues in the country.”
Oklahoma returns four starters from last year’s team and should be deep enough to be a contender in the Big 12.
Oklahoma non-conference schedule
Nov. 16, Southeastern Louisiana 2 p.m.
Nov. 19, at Creighton (Omaha, Neb.) TBD
Nov. 23, Northwestern State 2 p.m.
Nov. 26, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
Nov. 27, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
Nov. 28, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
Dec. 5, Missouri TBD
Dec. 13, at Tulsa (Tulsa) TBD
Dec. 16, Oral Roberts 7 p.m.
Dec. 20, vs. Washington (Las Vegas) TBD&
Dec. 22, Weber State 7 p.m.
Dec. 31, George Mason TBD
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)