Jun 6, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Coming off of a NCAA Tournament appearance, Oklahoma is preparing for another season of high aspirations as Lon Kruger’s team will play a tough non-conference schedule before Big 12 play in 2014-15. The school released the 2014-15 non-conference schedule this week.
Oklahoma plays teams from last year’s tournament like Creighton, Tulsa, Weber State and possibly three more tournament teams in the Bahamas in the Battle 4 Atlantis.
The Battle 4 Atlantis features Butler, Florida, Georgetown, North Carolina, UAB, UCLA Wisconsin, so that’s a really strong field as well.
“This is a very challenging schedule,” Kruger said in the release, “but because of the experience we have with our returning players and with what our new guys bring to the table, we think it suits our team extremely well. Our expectation is to always compete for a Big 12 championship, and this year’s non-conference schedule will afford us the opportunity to play against great competition in November and December to help prepare us for the always difficult conference grind. The Big 12 will once again be one of the toughest — if not the toughest — leagues in the country.”
Oklahoma returns four starters from last year’s team and should be deep enough to be a contender in the Big 12.
Oklahoma non-conference schedule
Nov. 16, Southeastern Louisiana 2 p.m.
Nov. 19, at Creighton (Omaha, Neb.) TBD
Nov. 23, Northwestern State 2 p.m.
Nov. 26, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
Nov. 27, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
Nov. 28, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
Dec. 5, Missouri TBD
Dec. 13, at Tulsa (Tulsa) TBD
Dec. 16, Oral Roberts 7 p.m.
Dec. 20, vs. Washington (Las Vegas) TBD&
Dec. 22, Weber State 7 p.m.
Dec. 31, George Mason TBD
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)