Jun 6, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Coming off of a NCAA Tournament appearance, Oklahoma is preparing for another season of high aspirations as Lon Kruger’s team will play a tough non-conference schedule before Big 12 play in 2014-15. The school released the 2014-15 non-conference schedule this week.
Oklahoma plays teams from last year’s tournament like Creighton, Tulsa, Weber State and possibly three more tournament teams in the Bahamas in the Battle 4 Atlantis.
The Battle 4 Atlantis features Butler, Florida, Georgetown, North Carolina, UAB, UCLA Wisconsin, so that’s a really strong field as well.
“This is a very challenging schedule,” Kruger said in the release, “but because of the experience we have with our returning players and with what our new guys bring to the table, we think it suits our team extremely well. Our expectation is to always compete for a Big 12 championship, and this year’s non-conference schedule will afford us the opportunity to play against great competition in November and December to help prepare us for the always difficult conference grind. The Big 12 will once again be one of the toughest — if not the toughest — leagues in the country.”
Oklahoma returns four starters from last year’s team and should be deep enough to be a contender in the Big 12.
Oklahoma non-conference schedule
Nov. 16, Southeastern Louisiana 2 p.m.
Nov. 19, at Creighton (Omaha, Neb.) TBD
Nov. 23, Northwestern State 2 p.m.
Nov. 26, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
Nov. 27, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
Nov. 28, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
Dec. 5, Missouri TBD
Dec. 13, at Tulsa (Tulsa) TBD
Dec. 16, Oral Roberts 7 p.m.
Dec. 20, vs. Washington (Las Vegas) TBD&
Dec. 22, Weber State 7 p.m.
Dec. 31, George Mason TBD
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)