Jun 6, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
UAB landed a commitment to start its 2015 class on Thursday as Tallahassee Community College wing Dirk Williams committed to the Blazers, a source told NBCSports.com.
The 6-foot-5 Williams will likely play two guard at UAB and is a member of the 2015 class. In 25 games last season, Williams averaged 11.9 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game. Williams shot 42 percent from the field, 37 percent from three-point range and 83 percent from the free-throw line as well.
Williams is a native of Homewood, Alabama and played at Williamsburg Christian Academy before his freshman season at Tallahassee. UAB could have an impact wing with Williams, as he shot good percentages last season and is said by some scouts to have good upside. The wing will be joining the Blazers for the 2015-16 season.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)