Jun 6, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
UAB landed a commitment to start its 2015 class on Thursday as Tallahassee Community College wing Dirk Williams committed to the Blazers, a source told NBCSports.com.
The 6-foot-5 Williams will likely play two guard at UAB and is a member of the 2015 class. In 25 games last season, Williams averaged 11.9 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game. Williams shot 42 percent from the field, 37 percent from three-point range and 83 percent from the free-throw line as well.
Williams is a native of Homewood, Alabama and played at Williamsburg Christian Academy before his freshman season at Tallahassee. UAB could have an impact wing with Williams, as he shot good percentages last season and is said by some scouts to have good upside. The wing will be joining the Blazers for the 2015-16 season.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)