Jun 6, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
UAB landed a commitment to start its 2015 class on Thursday as Tallahassee Community College wing Dirk Williams committed to the Blazers, a source told NBCSports.com.
The 6-foot-5 Williams will likely play two guard at UAB and is a member of the 2015 class. In 25 games last season, Williams averaged 11.9 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game. Williams shot 42 percent from the field, 37 percent from three-point range and 83 percent from the free-throw line as well.
Williams is a native of Homewood, Alabama and played at Williamsburg Christian Academy before his freshman season at Tallahassee. UAB could have an impact wing with Williams, as he shot good percentages last season and is said by some scouts to have good upside. The wing will be joining the Blazers for the 2015-16 season.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)