Jun 6, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
UAB landed a commitment to start its 2015 class on Thursday as Tallahassee Community College wing Dirk Williams committed to the Blazers, a source told NBCSports.com.
The 6-foot-5 Williams will likely play two guard at UAB and is a member of the 2015 class. In 25 games last season, Williams averaged 11.9 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game. Williams shot 42 percent from the field, 37 percent from three-point range and 83 percent from the free-throw line as well.
Williams is a native of Homewood, Alabama and played at Williamsburg Christian Academy before his freshman season at Tallahassee. UAB could have an impact wing with Williams, as he shot good percentages last season and is said by some scouts to have good upside. The wing will be joining the Blazers for the 2015-16 season.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)