Jun 6, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
UAB landed a commitment to start its 2015 class on Thursday as Tallahassee Community College wing Dirk Williams committed to the Blazers, a source told NBCSports.com.
The 6-foot-5 Williams will likely play two guard at UAB and is a member of the 2015 class. In 25 games last season, Williams averaged 11.9 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game. Williams shot 42 percent from the field, 37 percent from three-point range and 83 percent from the free-throw line as well.
Williams is a native of Homewood, Alabama and played at Williamsburg Christian Academy before his freshman season at Tallahassee. UAB could have an impact wing with Williams, as he shot good percentages last season and is said by some scouts to have good upside. The wing will be joining the Blazers for the 2015-16 season.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)