Jun 7, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Details of Auburn coaches’ contracts were released on Friday and it includes the details of men’s basketball head coach Bruce Pearl’s new six-year deal.
According to James Crepea of the Montgomery Advertiser, the deal is worth $14.7 million and includes $250,000 in base salary and $975,000 in both endorsement rights and media appearances, with increases of $50,000 annually in both. Peal also got a one-time signing bonus of $500,000.
The former Tennessee head coach also has 16 performance bonuses which includes $25,000 for 20 wins or nine SEC wins in each of the next two seasons, or 22 wins, 25 wins of a NIT title. Pearl can also receive a $500,00 bonus for winning the national title.
Also of note in Pearl’s contract, he will owe Auburn $500,000 if he violates his NCAA show-cause penalty.
The buyout for Pearl’s contract is for 50 percent of his remaining contract. There’s a decreasing sum Pearl would owe for each year he would leave Auburn, beginning with $5 million if he left before April 15, 2016 and decreasing by $1 million each year through 2020. A final amount of $250,000 would remain if Pearl left after April 15, 2020, but before the end of this contract, which runs through June 2020.
Auburn is investing quite a bit in Pearl, but the buyout is a tough 50 percent and is high for the next few seasons.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)