Jun 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Rider added an experienced piece for next season with the addition of Lehigh graduate transfer Anthony D’Orazio. The school announced the transfer in an official release.
The 6-foot-2 D’Orazio graduated from Lehigh this spring and missed the 2013-14 season due to injury. In his junior season in 2012-13, D’Orazio played in all 31 games and averaged 6.4 points and 3.7 rebounds in 31 starts.
D’Orazio served as the Lehigh team captain last season in his injury year and played on the NCAA Tournament team that upset Duke in the Round of 64 during his sophomore year.
“We are happy to have Anthony joining our team,” head coach Kevin Baggett said in the release. “Anthony brings experience and leadership to our basketball team, which is fairly young.”
Rider was a middle-of-the-road team in 2013-14, finishing 14-17 and 9-11 in the MAAC, but they add plenty of new pieces.
D’Orazio joins transfers Matt Lopez from Utah State and Teddy Okereafor from VCU and Rider adds freshmen Anthony Durham, Kenny Grant and Josh Williams on the 2014-15 roster.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)