Jun 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
Rider added an experienced piece for next season with the addition of Lehigh graduate transfer Anthony D’Orazio. The school announced the transfer in an official release.
The 6-foot-2 D’Orazio graduated from Lehigh this spring and missed the 2013-14 season due to injury. In his junior season in 2012-13, D’Orazio played in all 31 games and averaged 6.4 points and 3.7 rebounds in 31 starts.
D’Orazio served as the Lehigh team captain last season in his injury year and played on the NCAA Tournament team that upset Duke in the Round of 64 during his sophomore year.
“We are happy to have Anthony joining our team,” head coach Kevin Baggett said in the release. “Anthony brings experience and leadership to our basketball team, which is fairly young.”
Rider was a middle-of-the-road team in 2013-14, finishing 14-17 and 9-11 in the MAAC, but they add plenty of new pieces.
D’Orazio joins transfers Matt Lopez from Utah State and Teddy Okereafor from VCU and Rider adds freshmen Anthony Durham, Kenny Grant and Josh Williams on the 2014-15 roster.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)