Jun 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Rider added an experienced piece for next season with the addition of Lehigh graduate transfer Anthony D’Orazio. The school announced the transfer in an official release.
The 6-foot-2 D’Orazio graduated from Lehigh this spring and missed the 2013-14 season due to injury. In his junior season in 2012-13, D’Orazio played in all 31 games and averaged 6.4 points and 3.7 rebounds in 31 starts.
D’Orazio served as the Lehigh team captain last season in his injury year and played on the NCAA Tournament team that upset Duke in the Round of 64 during his sophomore year.
“We are happy to have Anthony joining our team,” head coach Kevin Baggett said in the release. “Anthony brings experience and leadership to our basketball team, which is fairly young.”
Rider was a middle-of-the-road team in 2013-14, finishing 14-17 and 9-11 in the MAAC, but they add plenty of new pieces.
D’Orazio joins transfers Matt Lopez from Utah State and Teddy Okereafor from VCU and Rider adds freshmen Anthony Durham, Kenny Grant and Josh Williams on the 2014-15 roster.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)