Jun 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Rider added an experienced piece for next season with the addition of Lehigh graduate transfer Anthony D’Orazio. The school announced the transfer in an official release.
The 6-foot-2 D’Orazio graduated from Lehigh this spring and missed the 2013-14 season due to injury. In his junior season in 2012-13, D’Orazio played in all 31 games and averaged 6.4 points and 3.7 rebounds in 31 starts.
D’Orazio served as the Lehigh team captain last season in his injury year and played on the NCAA Tournament team that upset Duke in the Round of 64 during his sophomore year.
“We are happy to have Anthony joining our team,” head coach Kevin Baggett said in the release. “Anthony brings experience and leadership to our basketball team, which is fairly young.”
Rider was a middle-of-the-road team in 2013-14, finishing 14-17 and 9-11 in the MAAC, but they add plenty of new pieces.
D’Orazio joins transfers Matt Lopez from Utah State and Teddy Okereafor from VCU and Rider adds freshmen Anthony Durham, Kenny Grant and Josh Williams on the 2014-15 roster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)