Jun 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
Rider added an experienced piece for next season with the addition of Lehigh graduate transfer Anthony D’Orazio. The school announced the transfer in an official release.
The 6-foot-2 D’Orazio graduated from Lehigh this spring and missed the 2013-14 season due to injury. In his junior season in 2012-13, D’Orazio played in all 31 games and averaged 6.4 points and 3.7 rebounds in 31 starts.
D’Orazio served as the Lehigh team captain last season in his injury year and played on the NCAA Tournament team that upset Duke in the Round of 64 during his sophomore year.
“We are happy to have Anthony joining our team,” head coach Kevin Baggett said in the release. “Anthony brings experience and leadership to our basketball team, which is fairly young.”
Rider was a middle-of-the-road team in 2013-14, finishing 14-17 and 9-11 in the MAAC, but they add plenty of new pieces.
D’Orazio joins transfers Matt Lopez from Utah State and Teddy Okereafor from VCU and Rider adds freshmen Anthony Durham, Kenny Grant and Josh Williams on the 2014-15 roster.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)
- Burning Questions: Who gets the last shot? (3)