Jun 7, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Purdue released its non-conference schedule on Friday and it has a fair amount of games against challenging opponents. The school announced the opponents in an official release.
The Boilermakers’ schedule will be highlighted by an appearance in the Maui Invitational and also includes Arizona, BYU, Kansas State, Missouri, Pitt, San Diego State and the host, Chaminade.
Matt Painter’s ballclub also has a home game against North Carolina State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, a road game at Vanderbilt and a neutral site tilt with Notre Dame in the Crossroads Classic. In-state opponents like IUPUI and IPFW are also on the schedule.
“We are really pleased with the balance of our schedule and the way it came together,” Painter said in the release. “We think we have a strong mix of opponents that will challenge us as we head into Big Ten play.”
Purdue is going to need to dramatically improve from last season’s 15-17 record and last place finish in the Big Ten at 5-13 in order to win some games on this schedule.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)