Jun 7, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Purdue released its non-conference schedule on Friday and it has a fair amount of games against challenging opponents. The school announced the opponents in an official release.
The Boilermakers’ schedule will be highlighted by an appearance in the Maui Invitational and also includes Arizona, BYU, Kansas State, Missouri, Pitt, San Diego State and the host, Chaminade.
Matt Painter’s ballclub also has a home game against North Carolina State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, a road game at Vanderbilt and a neutral site tilt with Notre Dame in the Crossroads Classic. In-state opponents like IUPUI and IPFW are also on the schedule.
“We are really pleased with the balance of our schedule and the way it came together,” Painter said in the release. “We think we have a strong mix of opponents that will challenge us as we head into Big Ten play.”
Purdue is going to need to dramatically improve from last season’s 15-17 record and last place finish in the Big Ten at 5-13 in order to win some games on this schedule.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)