Jun 7, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Purdue released its non-conference schedule on Friday and it has a fair amount of games against challenging opponents. The school announced the opponents in an official release.
The Boilermakers’ schedule will be highlighted by an appearance in the Maui Invitational and also includes Arizona, BYU, Kansas State, Missouri, Pitt, San Diego State and the host, Chaminade.
Matt Painter’s ballclub also has a home game against North Carolina State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, a road game at Vanderbilt and a neutral site tilt with Notre Dame in the Crossroads Classic. In-state opponents like IUPUI and IPFW are also on the schedule.
“We are really pleased with the balance of our schedule and the way it came together,” Painter said in the release. “We think we have a strong mix of opponents that will challenge us as we head into Big Ten play.”
Purdue is going to need to dramatically improve from last season’s 15-17 record and last place finish in the Big Ten at 5-13 in order to win some games on this schedule.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4