Jun 7, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Purdue released its non-conference schedule on Friday and it has a fair amount of games against challenging opponents. The school announced the opponents in an official release.
The Boilermakers’ schedule will be highlighted by an appearance in the Maui Invitational and also includes Arizona, BYU, Kansas State, Missouri, Pitt, San Diego State and the host, Chaminade.
Matt Painter’s ballclub also has a home game against North Carolina State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, a road game at Vanderbilt and a neutral site tilt with Notre Dame in the Crossroads Classic. In-state opponents like IUPUI and IPFW are also on the schedule.
“We are really pleased with the balance of our schedule and the way it came together,” Painter said in the release. “We think we have a strong mix of opponents that will challenge us as we head into Big Ten play.”
Purdue is going to need to dramatically improve from last season’s 15-17 record and last place finish in the Big Ten at 5-13 in order to win some games on this schedule.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)