Jun 7, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Purdue released its non-conference schedule on Friday and it has a fair amount of games against challenging opponents. The school announced the opponents in an official release.
The Boilermakers’ schedule will be highlighted by an appearance in the Maui Invitational and also includes Arizona, BYU, Kansas State, Missouri, Pitt, San Diego State and the host, Chaminade.
Matt Painter’s ballclub also has a home game against North Carolina State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, a road game at Vanderbilt and a neutral site tilt with Notre Dame in the Crossroads Classic. In-state opponents like IUPUI and IPFW are also on the schedule.
“We are really pleased with the balance of our schedule and the way it came together,” Painter said in the release. “We think we have a strong mix of opponents that will challenge us as we head into Big Ten play.”
Purdue is going to need to dramatically improve from last season’s 15-17 record and last place finish in the Big Ten at 5-13 in order to win some games on this schedule.
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)