Jun 7, 2014, 5:51 PM EST
In his first season at UCLA, point guard Bryce Alford put together a solid freshman campaign on a team that reached the Sweet 16. One of the first reserves off the bench, Alford played just over 23 minutes per game and posted averages of 8.0 points and 2.8 assists per contest.
However with four starters and fellow reserve Zach LaVine all having moved on, Alford will be asked to do even more in 2014-15. With those personnel losses in mind the time that he and his teammates (which includes a very good recruiting haul led by forward Kevon Looney) spend in the gym this summer will be important, but that doesn’t mean it has to be all “business” in the gym. Alford attempted a couple trick shots at Pauley Pavilion, with the footage posted on YouTube by the UCLA athletic department.
The first shot is one that just about any person who’s picked up a basketball has attempted (and many have made). But the second shot Alford made in the video above? Impressive. And the lack of a boisterous reaction to the second shot, a length of the court shot that was kicked in, is pretty cool too.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)