Jun 7, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
After winning the national title this past season, the UConn Huskies will look to become the first program since Florida (2006 & 2007) to repeat as national champions. The task will be a difficult one, with teams such as Kentucky, Arizona, Duke and Wisconsin considered to be the early favorites to cut down the nets in Indianapolis.
There’s also the matter of accounting for the loss of point guard Shabazz Napier and forwards DeAndre Daniels and Niels Giffey, with Napier serving as the team’s guiding force and both Daniels and Giffey being important contributors during the team’s run through the NCAA tournament. However the Huskies will have weapons, led by guard Ryan Boatright, NC State transfer Rodney Purvis and McDonald’s All American Daniel Hamilton.
Hamilton averaged 20.2 points, 9.0 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game at St. John Bosco HS in Bellflower, Calif. this past season, playing alongside Arizona commit Tyler Dorsey. The 6-foot-7 Hamilton may have a slender build but he also has the skill set needed to have an immediate impact at UConn, and given the production lost from last season that will be need to be the case.
Above is the high school mixtape put together by Ballislife.com, and it won’t fail to excite UConn fans anxiously awaiting Hamilton’s arrival in Storrs.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)