Jun 7, 2014, 10:36 PM EST
After winning the national title this past season, the UConn Huskies will look to become the first program since Florida (2006 & 2007) to repeat as national champions. The task will be a difficult one, with teams such as Kentucky, Arizona, Duke and Wisconsin considered to be the early favorites to cut down the nets in Indianapolis.
There’s also the matter of accounting for the loss of point guard Shabazz Napier and forwards DeAndre Daniels and Niels Giffey, with Napier serving as the team’s guiding force and both Daniels and Giffey being important contributors during the team’s run through the NCAA tournament. However the Huskies will have weapons, led by guard Ryan Boatright, NC State transfer Rodney Purvis and McDonald’s All American Daniel Hamilton.
Hamilton averaged 20.2 points, 9.0 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game at St. John Bosco HS in Bellflower, Calif. this past season, playing alongside Arizona commit Tyler Dorsey. The 6-foot-7 Hamilton may have a slender build but he also has the skill set needed to have an immediate impact at UConn, and given the production lost from last season that will be need to be the case.
Above is the high school mixtape put together by Ballislife.com, and it won’t fail to excite UConn fans anxiously awaiting Hamilton’s arrival in Storrs.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)