Jun 7, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
After winning the national title this past season, the UConn Huskies will look to become the first program since Florida (2006 & 2007) to repeat as national champions. The task will be a difficult one, with teams such as Kentucky, Arizona, Duke and Wisconsin considered to be the early favorites to cut down the nets in Indianapolis.
There’s also the matter of accounting for the loss of point guard Shabazz Napier and forwards DeAndre Daniels and Niels Giffey, with Napier serving as the team’s guiding force and both Daniels and Giffey being important contributors during the team’s run through the NCAA tournament. However the Huskies will have weapons, led by guard Ryan Boatright, NC State transfer Rodney Purvis and McDonald’s All American Daniel Hamilton.
Hamilton averaged 20.2 points, 9.0 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game at St. John Bosco HS in Bellflower, Calif. this past season, playing alongside Arizona commit Tyler Dorsey. The 6-foot-7 Hamilton may have a slender build but he also has the skill set needed to have an immediate impact at UConn, and given the production lost from last season that will be need to be the case.
Above is the high school mixtape put together by Ballislife.com, and it won’t fail to excite UConn fans anxiously awaiting Hamilton’s arrival in Storrs.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 0
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1