Jun 7, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
After winning the national title this past season, the UConn Huskies will look to become the first program since Florida (2006 & 2007) to repeat as national champions. The task will be a difficult one, with teams such as Kentucky, Arizona, Duke and Wisconsin considered to be the early favorites to cut down the nets in Indianapolis.
There’s also the matter of accounting for the loss of point guard Shabazz Napier and forwards DeAndre Daniels and Niels Giffey, with Napier serving as the team’s guiding force and both Daniels and Giffey being important contributors during the team’s run through the NCAA tournament. However the Huskies will have weapons, led by guard Ryan Boatright, NC State transfer Rodney Purvis and McDonald’s All American Daniel Hamilton.
Hamilton averaged 20.2 points, 9.0 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game at St. John Bosco HS in Bellflower, Calif. this past season, playing alongside Arizona commit Tyler Dorsey. The 6-foot-7 Hamilton may have a slender build but he also has the skill set needed to have an immediate impact at UConn, and given the production lost from last season that will be need to be the case.
Above is the high school mixtape put together by Ballislife.com, and it won’t fail to excite UConn fans anxiously awaiting Hamilton’s arrival in Storrs.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)