Jun 8, 2014, 7:21 PM EDT
UPDATE (10:00 a.m.): He’s been found:
Please cancel the missing person alert on Gary Gaskins. He has been located in good health. Thank you for any and all assistance.
— Atlanta Police Dept (@Atlanta_Police) June 9, 2014
Gary Gaskins, a 6-foot-10 forward who played in 11 games at Oklahoma State last season, has been reported missing in Atlanta according to Taylor West of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
According to the report Gaskins, who decided to leave the program in February, was reported missing by his girlfriend. Melissa Latham told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that she received a text massage from Gaskins at around 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning.
Gaskins, 24, is a black male with brown eyes who is 6-foot-10 and around 200 pounds. He reportedly left the apartment around 10:30 p.m. to walk to a nearby McDonald’s. He was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, black basketball shorts with an orange trim, and black and white tennis shoes.
Gaskins spent two years at Brevard Community College in Florida prior to joining the Oklahoma State program, and he joined the Air Force out of high school in Beaufort, S.C.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)