Jun 8, 2014, 7:21 PM EST
UPDATE (10:00 a.m.): He’s been found:
Please cancel the missing person alert on Gary Gaskins. He has been located in good health. Thank you for any and all assistance.
— Atlanta Police Dept (@Atlanta_Police) June 9, 2014
Gary Gaskins, a 6-foot-10 forward who played in 11 games at Oklahoma State last season, has been reported missing in Atlanta according to Taylor West of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
According to the report Gaskins, who decided to leave the program in February, was reported missing by his girlfriend. Melissa Latham told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that she received a text massage from Gaskins at around 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning.
Gaskins, 24, is a black male with brown eyes who is 6-foot-10 and around 200 pounds. He reportedly left the apartment around 10:30 p.m. to walk to a nearby McDonald’s. He was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, black basketball shorts with an orange trim, and black and white tennis shoes.
Gaskins spent two years at Brevard Community College in Florida prior to joining the Oklahoma State program, and he joined the Air Force out of high school in Beaufort, S.C.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)