Jun 8, 2014, 7:21 PM EDT
UPDATE (10:00 a.m.): He’s been found:
Please cancel the missing person alert on Gary Gaskins. He has been located in good health. Thank you for any and all assistance.
— Atlanta Police Dept (@Atlanta_Police) June 9, 2014
Gary Gaskins, a 6-foot-10 forward who played in 11 games at Oklahoma State last season, has been reported missing in Atlanta according to Taylor West of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
According to the report Gaskins, who decided to leave the program in February, was reported missing by his girlfriend. Melissa Latham told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that she received a text massage from Gaskins at around 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning.
Gaskins, 24, is a black male with brown eyes who is 6-foot-10 and around 200 pounds. He reportedly left the apartment around 10:30 p.m. to walk to a nearby McDonald’s. He was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, black basketball shorts with an orange trim, and black and white tennis shoes.
Gaskins spent two years at Brevard Community College in Florida prior to joining the Oklahoma State program, and he joined the Air Force out of high school in Beaufort, S.C.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)