Jun 8, 2014, 7:21 PM EDT
UPDATE (10:00 a.m.): He’s been found:
Please cancel the missing person alert on Gary Gaskins. He has been located in good health. Thank you for any and all assistance.
— Atlanta Police Dept (@Atlanta_Police) June 9, 2014
Gary Gaskins, a 6-foot-10 forward who played in 11 games at Oklahoma State last season, has been reported missing in Atlanta according to Taylor West of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
According to the report Gaskins, who decided to leave the program in February, was reported missing by his girlfriend. Melissa Latham told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that she received a text massage from Gaskins at around 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning.
Gaskins, 24, is a black male with brown eyes who is 6-foot-10 and around 200 pounds. He reportedly left the apartment around 10:30 p.m. to walk to a nearby McDonald’s. He was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, black basketball shorts with an orange trim, and black and white tennis shoes.
Gaskins spent two years at Brevard Community College in Florida prior to joining the Oklahoma State program, and he joined the Air Force out of high school in Beaufort, S.C.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)