Jun 8, 2014, 7:21 PM EST
UPDATE (10:00 a.m.): He’s been found:
Please cancel the missing person alert on Gary Gaskins. He has been located in good health. Thank you for any and all assistance.
— Atlanta Police Dept (@Atlanta_Police) June 9, 2014
Gary Gaskins, a 6-foot-10 forward who played in 11 games at Oklahoma State last season, has been reported missing in Atlanta according to Taylor West of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
According to the report Gaskins, who decided to leave the program in February, was reported missing by his girlfriend. Melissa Latham told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that she received a text massage from Gaskins at around 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning.
Gaskins, 24, is a black male with brown eyes who is 6-foot-10 and around 200 pounds. He reportedly left the apartment around 10:30 p.m. to walk to a nearby McDonald’s. He was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, black basketball shorts with an orange trim, and black and white tennis shoes.
Gaskins spent two years at Brevard Community College in Florida prior to joining the Oklahoma State program, and he joined the Air Force out of high school in Beaufort, S.C.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)