Jun 8, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Out of hundreds of transfers, former West Virginia guard Eron Harris is arguably the best available. With several suitors, Harris could be on the verge of being off the market.
The 6-foot-3 guard is expected to announce his decision on Monday, according to Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star.
Since mid-May, three Big Ten programs — Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue — have been in contention for the Indianapolis native. He visited Purdue and Michigan State. Harris had planned on heading to Ann Arbor, though, according to Jeff Goodman of ESPN reported that he never went through with that trip.
All three teams had dealt with the losses on the perimeter. Gary Harris and Nik Stauskas both declared for the NBA Draft after their sophomore seasons. Purdue’s two top scorers, Terone and Ronnie Johnson are both gone. Michigan State had been actively seeking transfers to help its back court, pursuing USC transfer Byron Wesley, who picked Gonzaga, and was a finalist for former James Madison wing Charles Cooke, who transferred to Dayton.
Harris averaged 17.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game, shooting better than 40 percent from behind the arc for the Mountaineers. He would sit out next season, and would have two years of eligibility remaining. He was regarded as one of the best available transfers this offseason.
[h/t Kyle Austin, MLive.com]
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)