Jun 8, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Out of hundreds of transfers, former West Virginia guard Eron Harris is arguably the best available. With several suitors, Harris could be on the verge of being off the market.
The 6-foot-3 guard is expected to announce his decision on Monday, according to Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star.
Since mid-May, three Big Ten programs — Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue — have been in contention for the Indianapolis native. He visited Purdue and Michigan State. Harris had planned on heading to Ann Arbor, though, according to Jeff Goodman of ESPN reported that he never went through with that trip.
All three teams had dealt with the losses on the perimeter. Gary Harris and Nik Stauskas both declared for the NBA Draft after their sophomore seasons. Purdue’s two top scorers, Terone and Ronnie Johnson are both gone. Michigan State had been actively seeking transfers to help its back court, pursuing USC transfer Byron Wesley, who picked Gonzaga, and was a finalist for former James Madison wing Charles Cooke, who transferred to Dayton.
Harris averaged 17.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game, shooting better than 40 percent from behind the arc for the Mountaineers. He would sit out next season, and would have two years of eligibility remaining. He was regarded as one of the best available transfers this offseason.
[h/t Kyle Austin, MLive.com]
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)