Jun 8, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Out of hundreds of transfers, former West Virginia guard Eron Harris is arguably the best available. With several suitors, Harris could be on the verge of being off the market.
The 6-foot-3 guard is expected to announce his decision on Monday, according to Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star.
Since mid-May, three Big Ten programs — Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue — have been in contention for the Indianapolis native. He visited Purdue and Michigan State. Harris had planned on heading to Ann Arbor, though, according to Jeff Goodman of ESPN reported that he never went through with that trip.
All three teams had dealt with the losses on the perimeter. Gary Harris and Nik Stauskas both declared for the NBA Draft after their sophomore seasons. Purdue’s two top scorers, Terone and Ronnie Johnson are both gone. Michigan State had been actively seeking transfers to help its back court, pursuing USC transfer Byron Wesley, who picked Gonzaga, and was a finalist for former James Madison wing Charles Cooke, who transferred to Dayton.
Harris averaged 17.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game, shooting better than 40 percent from behind the arc for the Mountaineers. He would sit out next season, and would have two years of eligibility remaining. He was regarded as one of the best available transfers this offseason.
[h/t Kyle Austin, MLive.com]
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)