Jun 8, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Out of hundreds of transfers, former West Virginia guard Eron Harris is arguably the best available. With several suitors, Harris could be on the verge of being off the market.
The 6-foot-3 guard is expected to announce his decision on Monday, according to Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star.
Since mid-May, three Big Ten programs — Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue — have been in contention for the Indianapolis native. He visited Purdue and Michigan State. Harris had planned on heading to Ann Arbor, though, according to Jeff Goodman of ESPN reported that he never went through with that trip.
All three teams had dealt with the losses on the perimeter. Gary Harris and Nik Stauskas both declared for the NBA Draft after their sophomore seasons. Purdue’s two top scorers, Terone and Ronnie Johnson are both gone. Michigan State had been actively seeking transfers to help its back court, pursuing USC transfer Byron Wesley, who picked Gonzaga, and was a finalist for former James Madison wing Charles Cooke, who transferred to Dayton.
Harris averaged 17.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game, shooting better than 40 percent from behind the arc for the Mountaineers. He would sit out next season, and would have two years of eligibility remaining. He was regarded as one of the best available transfers this offseason.
[h/t Kyle Austin, MLive.com]
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)