Jun 8, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Out of hundreds of transfers, former West Virginia guard Eron Harris is arguably the best available. With several suitors, Harris could be on the verge of being off the market.
The 6-foot-3 guard is expected to announce his decision on Monday, according to Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star.
Since mid-May, three Big Ten programs — Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue — have been in contention for the Indianapolis native. He visited Purdue and Michigan State. Harris had planned on heading to Ann Arbor, though, according to Jeff Goodman of ESPN reported that he never went through with that trip.
All three teams had dealt with the losses on the perimeter. Gary Harris and Nik Stauskas both declared for the NBA Draft after their sophomore seasons. Purdue’s two top scorers, Terone and Ronnie Johnson are both gone. Michigan State had been actively seeking transfers to help its back court, pursuing USC transfer Byron Wesley, who picked Gonzaga, and was a finalist for former James Madison wing Charles Cooke, who transferred to Dayton.
Harris averaged 17.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game, shooting better than 40 percent from behind the arc for the Mountaineers. He would sit out next season, and would have two years of eligibility remaining. He was regarded as one of the best available transfers this offseason.
[h/t Kyle Austin, MLive.com]
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)