Jun 8, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Former Samford forward Tim Williams has become highly sought-after since announcing he would transfer. A pair of visits have been set up for next week while several other programs remain in pursuit of the mid-major forward.
On June 16-17, Williams will visit New Mexico. A trip to Vanderbilt will immediately follow, according to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports.
Williams, the SoCon Freshmen of the Year in 2013, averaged 17.3 points and 7.6 boards per game, shooting 60 percent from the field as a sophomore. In late May, he decided to leave the Bulldogs. Since then, Dayton and Marquette have both expressed interest in Williams, in addition to the Lobos and Commodores.
Vanderbilt finished under .500 for the second straight season, and could very well be in for another down year in 2014-2015. However, the Commodores have a talented recruiting class to work with along with rising sophomore big man Damian Jones. Vanderbilt already secured a commitment from Cornell transfer Nolan Cressler earlier this spring.
New Mexico focused on the front court with its 2014 recruiting class, needing to fill voids left by Cameron Bairstow and Alex Kirk. The 2015 recruiting class currently consists three guards, which does not include Butler transfer Elijah Brown.
Williams will have two years of eligibility after he sits out the 2014-2015 season, due to NCAA transfer rules.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)