Jun 8, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Former Samford forward Tim Williams has become highly sought-after since announcing he would transfer. A pair of visits have been set up for next week while several other programs remain in pursuit of the mid-major forward.
On June 16-17, Williams will visit New Mexico. A trip to Vanderbilt will immediately follow, according to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports.
Williams, the SoCon Freshmen of the Year in 2013, averaged 17.3 points and 7.6 boards per game, shooting 60 percent from the field as a sophomore. In late May, he decided to leave the Bulldogs. Since then, Dayton and Marquette have both expressed interest in Williams, in addition to the Lobos and Commodores.
Vanderbilt finished under .500 for the second straight season, and could very well be in for another down year in 2014-2015. However, the Commodores have a talented recruiting class to work with along with rising sophomore big man Damian Jones. Vanderbilt already secured a commitment from Cornell transfer Nolan Cressler earlier this spring.
New Mexico focused on the front court with its 2014 recruiting class, needing to fill voids left by Cameron Bairstow and Alex Kirk. The 2015 recruiting class currently consists three guards, which does not include Butler transfer Elijah Brown.
Williams will have two years of eligibility after he sits out the 2014-2015 season, due to NCAA transfer rules.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)