Jun 8, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
Former West Virginia guard Terry Henderson took the first of multiple visits, spending time at Maryland.
Henderson told Jeff Ermann of InsideMarylandSports.com that it was “a great visit”. He spent most of his weekend with Terrapins leading scorer Dez Wells. Both are from Raleigh.
Henderson intends on visiting N.C. State, UCLA and Wake Forest. In late May, Cincinnati, Richmond and Rutgers were also in the mix when the 6-foot-4 guard cut his list of suitors.
Maryland head coach Mark Turgeon has a heralded incoming class. Despite losing a handful of players to transfer, Turgeon was able to land a commitment from former Georgia Tech forward Robert Carter Jr. late last week. He appears to be making a strong push to use the last available scholarship on Henderson as he enters an important fourth year in College Park.
This past season, he was third on West Virginia in scoring at 11.7 points and 2.9 rebounds per game. Henderson became the second Mountaineer guard to transfer out of the program, joining fellow sophomore Eron Harris.
NCAA transfer rules would force Henderson to sit out the 2014-2015 season. He would have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)