Jun 9, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
The College of Charleston lost assistant coach Amir Abdur-Rahim to Texas A&M in April but picked up an experienced college player and assistant on Monday with Northeastern assistant coach and Rhode Island standout Antonio Reynolds Dean.
The Cougars announced the hiring in an official release on Monday.
Reynolds Dean spent five seasons as an assistant coach at Northeastern after a really good four-year career at Rhode Island from 1995-1999.
“We are very fortunate to hire an assistant coach with playing credentials, coaching experience and the exceptional ability to evaluate and recruit potential student-athletes in Antonio Reynolds Dean,” College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik said in the release. “He was a great college player at Rhode Island making it all the way to the NCAA Elite Eight and went on to play professionally overseas for many years. As a coach, he mentored big man Scott Eatherton to all-league honors in addition to several other all-conference players at Northeastern, who will be the preseason favorite in the CAA next year. As a former post player, Antonio will be a wonderful teacher to our post players in particular rising senior forward Adjehi Baru and junior center David Wishon.”
Reynolds Dean scored 1,576 career points and added 1,028 career rebounds at Rhode Islandand was an All-Atlantic 10 Third-Team pick in 1998-99. He then spent nine years playing professionally in the United States and abroad.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)