Jun 9, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
The College of Charleston lost assistant coach Amir Abdur-Rahim to Texas A&M in April but picked up an experienced college player and assistant on Monday with Northeastern assistant coach and Rhode Island standout Antonio Reynolds Dean.
The Cougars announced the hiring in an official release on Monday.
Reynolds Dean spent five seasons as an assistant coach at Northeastern after a really good four-year career at Rhode Island from 1995-1999.
“We are very fortunate to hire an assistant coach with playing credentials, coaching experience and the exceptional ability to evaluate and recruit potential student-athletes in Antonio Reynolds Dean,” College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik said in the release. “He was a great college player at Rhode Island making it all the way to the NCAA Elite Eight and went on to play professionally overseas for many years. As a coach, he mentored big man Scott Eatherton to all-league honors in addition to several other all-conference players at Northeastern, who will be the preseason favorite in the CAA next year. As a former post player, Antonio will be a wonderful teacher to our post players in particular rising senior forward Adjehi Baru and junior center David Wishon.”
Reynolds Dean scored 1,576 career points and added 1,028 career rebounds at Rhode Islandand was an All-Atlantic 10 Third-Team pick in 1998-99. He then spent nine years playing professionally in the United States and abroad.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 10
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (10)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)