Jun 9, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
The College of Charleston lost assistant coach Amir Abdur-Rahim to Texas A&M in April but picked up an experienced college player and assistant on Monday with Northeastern assistant coach and Rhode Island standout Antonio Reynolds Dean.
The Cougars announced the hiring in an official release on Monday.
Reynolds Dean spent five seasons as an assistant coach at Northeastern after a really good four-year career at Rhode Island from 1995-1999.
“We are very fortunate to hire an assistant coach with playing credentials, coaching experience and the exceptional ability to evaluate and recruit potential student-athletes in Antonio Reynolds Dean,” College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik said in the release. “He was a great college player at Rhode Island making it all the way to the NCAA Elite Eight and went on to play professionally overseas for many years. As a coach, he mentored big man Scott Eatherton to all-league honors in addition to several other all-conference players at Northeastern, who will be the preseason favorite in the CAA next year. As a former post player, Antonio will be a wonderful teacher to our post players in particular rising senior forward Adjehi Baru and junior center David Wishon.”
Reynolds Dean scored 1,576 career points and added 1,028 career rebounds at Rhode Islandand was an All-Atlantic 10 Third-Team pick in 1998-99. He then spent nine years playing professionally in the United States and abroad.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 1
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)