Jun 9, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
The College of Charleston lost assistant coach Amir Abdur-Rahim to Texas A&M in April but picked up an experienced college player and assistant on Monday with Northeastern assistant coach and Rhode Island standout Antonio Reynolds Dean.
The Cougars announced the hiring in an official release on Monday.
Reynolds Dean spent five seasons as an assistant coach at Northeastern after a really good four-year career at Rhode Island from 1995-1999.
“We are very fortunate to hire an assistant coach with playing credentials, coaching experience and the exceptional ability to evaluate and recruit potential student-athletes in Antonio Reynolds Dean,” College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik said in the release. “He was a great college player at Rhode Island making it all the way to the NCAA Elite Eight and went on to play professionally overseas for many years. As a coach, he mentored big man Scott Eatherton to all-league honors in addition to several other all-conference players at Northeastern, who will be the preseason favorite in the CAA next year. As a former post player, Antonio will be a wonderful teacher to our post players in particular rising senior forward Adjehi Baru and junior center David Wishon.”
Reynolds Dean scored 1,576 career points and added 1,028 career rebounds at Rhode Islandand was an All-Atlantic 10 Third-Team pick in 1998-99. He then spent nine years playing professionally in the United States and abroad.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)