Jun 9, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
The College of Charleston lost assistant coach Amir Abdur-Rahim to Texas A&M in April but picked up an experienced college player and assistant on Monday with Northeastern assistant coach and Rhode Island standout Antonio Reynolds Dean.
The Cougars announced the hiring in an official release on Monday.
Reynolds Dean spent five seasons as an assistant coach at Northeastern after a really good four-year career at Rhode Island from 1995-1999.
“We are very fortunate to hire an assistant coach with playing credentials, coaching experience and the exceptional ability to evaluate and recruit potential student-athletes in Antonio Reynolds Dean,” College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik said in the release. “He was a great college player at Rhode Island making it all the way to the NCAA Elite Eight and went on to play professionally overseas for many years. As a coach, he mentored big man Scott Eatherton to all-league honors in addition to several other all-conference players at Northeastern, who will be the preseason favorite in the CAA next year. As a former post player, Antonio will be a wonderful teacher to our post players in particular rising senior forward Adjehi Baru and junior center David Wishon.”
Reynolds Dean scored 1,576 career points and added 1,028 career rebounds at Rhode Islandand was an All-Atlantic 10 Third-Team pick in 1998-99. He then spent nine years playing professionally in the United States and abroad.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)