Jun 9, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Penn State and George Washington haven’t played since 1991, but they’re renewing a regional rivalry with a home-and-home series announced on Monday in a release from Penn State.
George Washington will travel to Penn State on December 14, 2014 and the Nittany Lions will return to face the Colonials at the Charles E. Smith Center in the 2015-16 season.
“We are excited to have a NCAA tournament team in George Washington coming to Happy Valley this upcoming season,” Penn State coach Pat Chambers said in the release. “Coach Lonergan has done a great job, and their style of play will help us prepare for conference play.”
The two teams haven’t played since the 1991 Palm Beach Classic and George Washington is coming off of a NCAA Tournament appearance and Penn State returns four starters.
“Pat [Chambers] and his staff have done a great job improving the program at Penn State and we look forward to having another quality opponent from the Big Ten on our schedule for the next two years,” George Washington head coach Mike Lonergan said in the release.
Lonergan and Chambers have met before when George Washington met Boston five times from 2009-2011 when the two were head coaches there.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0