Jun 9, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Penn State and George Washington haven’t played since 1991, but they’re renewing a regional rivalry with a home-and-home series announced on Monday in a release from Penn State.
George Washington will travel to Penn State on December 14, 2014 and the Nittany Lions will return to face the Colonials at the Charles E. Smith Center in the 2015-16 season.
“We are excited to have a NCAA tournament team in George Washington coming to Happy Valley this upcoming season,” Penn State coach Pat Chambers said in the release. “Coach Lonergan has done a great job, and their style of play will help us prepare for conference play.”
The two teams haven’t played since the 1991 Palm Beach Classic and George Washington is coming off of a NCAA Tournament appearance and Penn State returns four starters.
“Pat [Chambers] and his staff have done a great job improving the program at Penn State and we look forward to having another quality opponent from the Big Ten on our schedule for the next two years,” George Washington head coach Mike Lonergan said in the release.
Lonergan and Chambers have met before when George Washington met Boston five times from 2009-2011 when the two were head coaches there.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)