Jun 9, 2014, 8:28 PM EDT
Cincinnati is on the board in the 2015 class as the Bearcats and head coach Mick Cronin landed a commitment from three-star point guard Justin Jenifer. The news of Jenifer’s commitment was first reported by CBS Sports‘ Jon Rothstein.
The 5-foot-9, 160-pound Jenifer is regarded by Rivals.com as the No. 112 overall prospect in the country and comes from Bel Air, Maryland.
The point guard attends Milford Mill Academy and ran point for Team Takeover in the Nike EYBL. Jenifer was 12th in this spring’s EYBL with 4.1 assists per game in 16 games and also averaged eight points and 2.8 rebounds per game in 20.4 minutes per game.
Team Takeover went 9-7 in the EYBL and Jenifer will help lead them into the Peach Jam in July. With point guards in scare commodity in the 2015 class, Cincinnati made a move and landed a touted lead guard before the July recruiting period.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)