Jun 9, 2014, 8:28 PM EDT
Cincinnati is on the board in the 2015 class as the Bearcats and head coach Mick Cronin landed a commitment from three-star point guard Justin Jenifer. The news of Jenifer’s commitment was first reported by CBS Sports‘ Jon Rothstein.
The 5-foot-9, 160-pound Jenifer is regarded by Rivals.com as the No. 112 overall prospect in the country and comes from Bel Air, Maryland.
The point guard attends Milford Mill Academy and ran point for Team Takeover in the Nike EYBL. Jenifer was 12th in this spring’s EYBL with 4.1 assists per game in 16 games and also averaged eight points and 2.8 rebounds per game in 20.4 minutes per game.
Team Takeover went 9-7 in the EYBL and Jenifer will help lead them into the Peach Jam in July. With point guards in scare commodity in the 2015 class, Cincinnati made a move and landed a touted lead guard before the July recruiting period.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)