Jun 9, 2014, 8:28 PM EDT
Cincinnati is on the board in the 2015 class as the Bearcats and head coach Mick Cronin landed a commitment from three-star point guard Justin Jenifer. The news of Jenifer’s commitment was first reported by CBS Sports‘ Jon Rothstein.
The 5-foot-9, 160-pound Jenifer is regarded by Rivals.com as the No. 112 overall prospect in the country and comes from Bel Air, Maryland.
The point guard attends Milford Mill Academy and ran point for Team Takeover in the Nike EYBL. Jenifer was 12th in this spring’s EYBL with 4.1 assists per game in 16 games and also averaged eight points and 2.8 rebounds per game in 20.4 minutes per game.
Team Takeover went 9-7 in the EYBL and Jenifer will help lead them into the Peach Jam in July. With point guards in scare commodity in the 2015 class, Cincinnati made a move and landed a touted lead guard before the July recruiting period.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)