Jun 9, 2014, 8:28 PM EDT
Cincinnati is on the board in the 2015 class as the Bearcats and head coach Mick Cronin landed a commitment from three-star point guard Justin Jenifer. The news of Jenifer’s commitment was first reported by CBS Sports‘ Jon Rothstein.
The 5-foot-9, 160-pound Jenifer is regarded by Rivals.com as the No. 112 overall prospect in the country and comes from Bel Air, Maryland.
The point guard attends Milford Mill Academy and ran point for Team Takeover in the Nike EYBL. Jenifer was 12th in this spring’s EYBL with 4.1 assists per game in 16 games and also averaged eight points and 2.8 rebounds per game in 20.4 minutes per game.
Team Takeover went 9-7 in the EYBL and Jenifer will help lead them into the Peach Jam in July. With point guards in scare commodity in the 2015 class, Cincinnati made a move and landed a touted lead guard before the July recruiting period.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)