Jun 9, 2014, 8:28 PM EDT
Cincinnati is on the board in the 2015 class as the Bearcats and head coach Mick Cronin landed a commitment from three-star point guard Justin Jenifer. The news of Jenifer’s commitment was first reported by CBS Sports‘ Jon Rothstein.
The 5-foot-9, 160-pound Jenifer is regarded by Rivals.com as the No. 112 overall prospect in the country and comes from Bel Air, Maryland.
The point guard attends Milford Mill Academy and ran point for Team Takeover in the Nike EYBL. Jenifer was 12th in this spring’s EYBL with 4.1 assists per game in 16 games and also averaged eight points and 2.8 rebounds per game in 20.4 minutes per game.
Team Takeover went 9-7 in the EYBL and Jenifer will help lead them into the Peach Jam in July. With point guards in scare commodity in the 2015 class, Cincinnati made a move and landed a touted lead guard before the July recruiting period.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)