Jun 9, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
Michigan State has landed West Virginia transfer Eron Harris. Harris confirmed the news on his twitter account on Monday morning.
Harris was one of the most talented players available in this year’s transfer market. A 6-foot-4 shooting guard, Harris averaged 17.2 points as a sophomore with the Mountaineers, shooting 42.2% from three.
Harris will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season as a mandatory redshirt under NCAA transfer regulations, but he will have two seasons of eligibility remaining beginning in 2015-2016. And while his impact won’t be felt immediately, Harris, a native of Indiana, will add a nice scoring boost to a Spartan back court that is losing Gary Harris and Keith Appling this season.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)