Jun 9, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
When you win titles, you get to meet the President and on Monday, the UConn men’s and women’s basketball teams met with President Barack Obama at the White House, as the President honored the two championship programs.
President Obama received a jersey from each team and addressed both teams and women’s coach Geno Auriemma and men’s coach Kevin Ollie while also rejecting a dance battle from Stefanie Dolson.
You can read the transcript of Obama talking about the teams here and the post from Dave Borges at The New Haven Register also has some brief video clips embedded as well.
Here is a photo of the occasion on Twitter from Mike Zacchio of the New York Journal News:
This kind of photo looks good in a basketball office while touring around with recruits and other people around campus.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)