Jun 9, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
When you win titles, you get to meet the President and on Monday, the UConn men’s and women’s basketball teams met with President Barack Obama at the White House, as the President honored the two championship programs.
President Obama received a jersey from each team and addressed both teams and women’s coach Geno Auriemma and men’s coach Kevin Ollie while also rejecting a dance battle from Stefanie Dolson.
You can read the transcript of Obama talking about the teams here and the post from Dave Borges at The New Haven Register also has some brief video clips embedded as well.
Here is a photo of the occasion on Twitter from Mike Zacchio of the New York Journal News:
This kind of photo looks good in a basketball office while touring around with recruits and other people around campus.
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 1
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)