Jun 9, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
When you win titles, you get to meet the President and on Monday, the UConn men’s and women’s basketball teams met with President Barack Obama at the White House, as the President honored the two championship programs.
President Obama received a jersey from each team and addressed both teams and women’s coach Geno Auriemma and men’s coach Kevin Ollie while also rejecting a dance battle from Stefanie Dolson.
You can read the transcript of Obama talking about the teams here and the post from Dave Borges at The New Haven Register also has some brief video clips embedded as well.
Here is a photo of the occasion on Twitter from Mike Zacchio of the New York Journal News:
This kind of photo looks good in a basketball office while touring around with recruits and other people around campus.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)