Jun 9, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
When you win titles, you get to meet the President and on Monday, the UConn men’s and women’s basketball teams met with President Barack Obama at the White House, as the President honored the two championship programs.
President Obama received a jersey from each team and addressed both teams and women’s coach Geno Auriemma and men’s coach Kevin Ollie while also rejecting a dance battle from Stefanie Dolson.
You can read the transcript of Obama talking about the teams here and the post from Dave Borges at The New Haven Register also has some brief video clips embedded as well.
Here is a photo of the occasion on Twitter from Mike Zacchio of the New York Journal News:
This kind of photo looks good in a basketball office while touring around with recruits and other people around campus.
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)