Jun 9, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
When you win titles, you get to meet the President and on Monday, the UConn men’s and women’s basketball teams met with President Barack Obama at the White House, as the President honored the two championship programs.
President Obama received a jersey from each team and addressed both teams and women’s coach Geno Auriemma and men’s coach Kevin Ollie while also rejecting a dance battle from Stefanie Dolson.
You can read the transcript of Obama talking about the teams here and the post from Dave Borges at The New Haven Register also has some brief video clips embedded as well.
Here is a photo of the occasion on Twitter from Mike Zacchio of the New York Journal News:
This kind of photo looks good in a basketball office while touring around with recruits and other people around campus.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)