Jun 9, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
You can add another college basketball event to the calendar for November.
On Monday, Navy announced that they would be hosting the Veterans Classic through 2017, a four-team event that will be held in Annapolis, Md. The event will take place on Nov. 14th this year, which is the first day that college basketball regular season games can be played.
This year’s field? Tennessee, in their first game under new head coach Donnie Tyndall, will be taking on VCU and Michigan State will be playing the hosts, Navy. In the ensuing years, Navy will be a constant presence in the event with three other teams participating.
The goal is to eventually get the game to be played on Veterans Day, which is November 11th. It falls on a Tuesday this year, however, three days before basketball games are allowed to be played.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)