Jun 9, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
You can add another college basketball event to the calendar for November.
On Monday, Navy announced that they would be hosting the Veterans Classic through 2017, a four-team event that will be held in Annapolis, Md. The event will take place on Nov. 14th this year, which is the first day that college basketball regular season games can be played.
This year’s field? Tennessee, in their first game under new head coach Donnie Tyndall, will be taking on VCU and Michigan State will be playing the hosts, Navy. In the ensuing years, Navy will be a constant presence in the event with three other teams participating.
The goal is to eventually get the game to be played on Veterans Day, which is November 11th. It falls on a Tuesday this year, however, three days before basketball games are allowed to be played.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0