Jun 9, 2014, 12:57 PM EST
You can add another college basketball event to the calendar for November.
On Monday, Navy announced that they would be hosting the Veterans Classic through 2017, a four-team event that will be held in Annapolis, Md. The event will take place on Nov. 14th this year, which is the first day that college basketball regular season games can be played.
This year’s field? Tennessee, in their first game under new head coach Donnie Tyndall, will be taking on VCU and Michigan State will be playing the hosts, Navy. In the ensuing years, Navy will be a constant presence in the event with three other teams participating.
The goal is to eventually get the game to be played on Veterans Day, which is November 11th. It falls on a Tuesday this year, however, three days before basketball games are allowed to be played.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)