Jun 10, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
On the same day that Georgetown and Syracuse announced that they would be renewing their rivalry, news broke that Baylor and Texas A&M, two former Big 12 foes, will be playing each other for the first time since the Aggies left for the greener pastures of the SEC.
The news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.
It will be a home-and-home series, according to the report, that begins this season on December 9th in Waco. Baylor will visit College Station in 2015-2016 for a return game.
Baylor made the Sweet 16 last seasons despite losing eight of their first ten league games, but the Bears will have their work cut out for them to return to the tournament after losing both Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson. Texas A&M has had a couple of rough seasons under Billy Kennedy, but with SMU transfer Jalen Jones becoming eligible, Alex Robinson joining the program and the SEC being as weak as it is, the Aggies have as good of a shot as anyone to end up being a top four team in the league.
Maybe Missouri and Kansas can take notes from these two schools.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)