Jun 10, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Kansas State and head coach Bruce Weber return five players with starting experience in 2014-15 and they’ll need it as the Wildcats will potentially face seven teams from the 2014 NCAA Tournament in the non-conference portion of the 2014-15 schedule.
The school released the non-conference portion of the schedule in an official release on Monday.
The schedule includes a trip to the Maui Invitational and also includes a road game at Tennessee for the SEC/Big 12 Challenge and a neutral-court game at Kansas City in the Sprint Center against Texas A&M in the Wildcat Classic.
Georgia also takes a trip to the Octagon of Doom on New Year’s Eve and a road game at Long Beach State in November before Maui could be an interesting test.
Here is the full non-conference schedule for Kansas State for the 2014-15 season:
Friday, Nov. 14 Southern Utah
Monday, Nov. 17 UMKC
Friday, Nov. 21 at Long Beach State
EA Sports Maui Invitational (Lahaina Civic Center, Maui, Hawai’i)
Monday, Nov. 24 vs. TBA
Tuesday, Nov. 25 vs. TBA
Wednesday, Nov. 26 vs. TBA
Tuesday, Dec. 2 Nebraska-Omaha
Saturday, Dec. 6 at Tennessee (SEC-Big 12 Challenge)
Tuesday, Dec. 9 Bradley
Sunday, Dec. 14 Savannah State
Saturday, Dec. 20 vs. Texas A&M (Wildcat Classic, Sprint Center)
Sunday, Dec. 28 Texas Southern
Wednesday, Dec. 31 Georgia
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 1
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)