Jun 11, 2014, 5:02 PM EST
Following the change in coaches from Cuonzo Martin to Donnie Tyndall, forward A.J. Davis made the decision to leave Tennessee during the spring. Wednesday afternoon it was reported that Davis has found a new school, with the Knoxville News Sentinel reporting that the 6-foot-9 forward has decided to join Donnie Jones’ program at UCF.
Davis played an average of 9.4 minutes per game as a freshman, accounting for 1.3 points and 1.6 rebounds per contest. With the now departed tandem of Jarnell Stokes and Jeronne Maymon leading the way in the front court last season, the lack of available minutes for Davis was understandable. After sitting out the 2014-15 campaign per NCAA transfer rules, Davis will have three years of eligibility remaining.
At UCF, Davis joins a front court that will have just one senior (Kasey Wilson) entering the 2014-15 season. Wilson averaged 9.6 points and 5.7 rebounds per game in 31 games last season. Among the players with eligibility remaining beyond the upcoming season, rising junior Staphon Blair (4.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg) was the most productive last season.
6-foot-10, 300-pound center Justin McBride averaged 4.4 points and 2.7 rebounds per game but did so in just 15 games of action.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)