Jun 11, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
Following the change in coaches from Cuonzo Martin to Donnie Tyndall, forward A.J. Davis made the decision to leave Tennessee during the spring. Wednesday afternoon it was reported that Davis has found a new school, with the Knoxville News Sentinel reporting that the 6-foot-9 forward has decided to join Donnie Jones’ program at UCF.
Davis played an average of 9.4 minutes per game as a freshman, accounting for 1.3 points and 1.6 rebounds per contest. With the now departed tandem of Jarnell Stokes and Jeronne Maymon leading the way in the front court last season, the lack of available minutes for Davis was understandable. After sitting out the 2014-15 campaign per NCAA transfer rules, Davis will have three years of eligibility remaining.
At UCF, Davis joins a front court that will have just one senior (Kasey Wilson) entering the 2014-15 season. Wilson averaged 9.6 points and 5.7 rebounds per game in 31 games last season. Among the players with eligibility remaining beyond the upcoming season, rising junior Staphon Blair (4.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg) was the most productive last season.
6-foot-10, 300-pound center Justin McBride averaged 4.4 points and 2.7 rebounds per game but did so in just 15 games of action.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)