Jun 11, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Trey Lyles missed the Indiana All-Stars game on Monday night as he battles a case of meningitis.
Lyles told the Indy Star that he’s been dealing with it for about 10 days now and that he had a doctor’s visit this week. He still hasn’t been cleared to play.
“I’m feeling better every day,” Lyles told the paper. Lyles is a 6-foot-10 McDonald’s All-American that is headed to Kentucky next season.
Meningitis is an inflammation of the membranes protecting the brain and spinal cord.
The annual Kentucky-Indiana All-Stars game will take place on Friday night in Lexington and Saturday night in Indianapolis.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)