Jun 11, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Trey Lyles missed the Indiana All-Stars game on Monday night as he battles a case of meningitis.
Lyles told the Indy Star that he’s been dealing with it for about 10 days now and that he had a doctor’s visit this week. He still hasn’t been cleared to play.
“I’m feeling better every day,” Lyles told the paper. Lyles is a 6-foot-10 McDonald’s All-American that is headed to Kentucky next season.
Meningitis is an inflammation of the membranes protecting the brain and spinal cord.
The annual Kentucky-Indiana All-Stars game will take place on Friday night in Lexington and Saturday night in Indianapolis.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)