Jun 11, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Trey Lyles missed the Indiana All-Stars game on Monday night as he battles a case of meningitis.
Lyles told the Indy Star that he’s been dealing with it for about 10 days now and that he had a doctor’s visit this week. He still hasn’t been cleared to play.
“I’m feeling better every day,” Lyles told the paper. Lyles is a 6-foot-10 McDonald’s All-American that is headed to Kentucky next season.
Meningitis is an inflammation of the membranes protecting the brain and spinal cord.
The annual Kentucky-Indiana All-Stars game will take place on Friday night in Lexington and Saturday night in Indianapolis.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)