Jun 11, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Trey Lyles missed the Indiana All-Stars game on Monday night as he battles a case of meningitis.
Lyles told the Indy Star that he’s been dealing with it for about 10 days now and that he had a doctor’s visit this week. He still hasn’t been cleared to play.
“I’m feeling better every day,” Lyles told the paper. Lyles is a 6-foot-10 McDonald’s All-American that is headed to Kentucky next season.
Meningitis is an inflammation of the membranes protecting the brain and spinal cord.
The annual Kentucky-Indiana All-Stars game will take place on Friday night in Lexington and Saturday night in Indianapolis.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1