Jun 11, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
Bruce Pearl may not be allowed to say a mumbling word to any recruit that Auburn is pursuing, but that hasn’t stopped the Tigers from having one of the most successful offseasons of any program in the country.
On Wednesday, he added another piece to the puzzle, as Niagara transfer Antoine Mason committed to play his senior season with the Tigers. Mason, a 6-foot-2 shooting guard that led the nation in scoring, averaging at 25.6 points last season, will be eligible to play immediately.
Pearl has already landed New Mexico State transfer KC Ross-Miller, who is also eligible immediately, and JuCo transfer Cinmeon Bowers, both of whom will likely start this season. Marshall transfer Kareem Canty will have to sit out a season before he’s eligible, but he’s another addition to the Tigers this spring.
He is the son of former New York Knick Anthony Mason and the brother of former St. John’s star Anthony Mason Jr.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)