Jun 11, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
Bruce Pearl may not be allowed to say a mumbling word to any recruit that Auburn is pursuing, but that hasn’t stopped the Tigers from having one of the most successful offseasons of any program in the country.
On Wednesday, he added another piece to the puzzle, as Niagara transfer Antoine Mason committed to play his senior season with the Tigers. Mason, a 6-foot-2 shooting guard that led the nation in scoring, averaging at 25.6 points last season, will be eligible to play immediately.
Pearl has already landed New Mexico State transfer KC Ross-Miller, who is also eligible immediately, and JuCo transfer Cinmeon Bowers, both of whom will likely start this season. Marshall transfer Kareem Canty will have to sit out a season before he’s eligible, but he’s another addition to the Tigers this spring.
He is the son of former New York Knick Anthony Mason and the brother of former St. John’s star Anthony Mason Jr.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)