Jun 12, 2014, 10:31 AM EST
Arizona landed commitments from two of the best guards on the west coast in the Class of 2015, and while their back court, on the surface, appears to be in excellent hands in the future, there may be some trouble stirring on the horizon.
Tyler Dorsey, a top 10 recruit in the class and one of the nation’s highest-rated guards, committed to the Wildcats earlier this year but is reportedly wavering on that commitment. Justin Simon, a top 25 recruit, is the other guard that the Wildcats have accepted a commitment from.
Dorsey spoke to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports at the Team USA U18 trials on Wednesday, and while he didn’t confirm the rumors, he didn’t exactly make Arizona fans feel comfortable with his commitment to the program.
“I want to get a feel for Coach Miller here,” said Dorsey. Arizona head coach Sean Miller is an assistant on the team. “I also want to get to know Justin better. He is my roommate here. I think the rumors started when Arizona offered Allonzo Trier. There might be more to it than just that. The thing is that a lot can happen in a year. Nothing is set till you sign your Letter anyway.”
Trier is another top back court recruit. He led the EYBL in scoring through the first four sessions and recently decided to transfer for Montrose Christian (MD) to Findlay Prep (NV).
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame falls, No. 13 Louisville comes back from 18 down 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)