Jun 12, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Arizona landed commitments from two of the best guards on the west coast in the Class of 2015, and while their back court, on the surface, appears to be in excellent hands in the future, there may be some trouble stirring on the horizon.
Tyler Dorsey, a top 10 recruit in the class and one of the nation’s highest-rated guards, committed to the Wildcats earlier this year but is reportedly wavering on that commitment. Justin Simon, a top 25 recruit, is the other guard that the Wildcats have accepted a commitment from.
Dorsey spoke to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports at the Team USA U18 trials on Wednesday, and while he didn’t confirm the rumors, he didn’t exactly make Arizona fans feel comfortable with his commitment to the program.
“I want to get a feel for Coach Miller here,” said Dorsey. Arizona head coach Sean Miller is an assistant on the team. “I also want to get to know Justin better. He is my roommate here. I think the rumors started when Arizona offered Allonzo Trier. There might be more to it than just that. The thing is that a lot can happen in a year. Nothing is set till you sign your Letter anyway.”
Trier is another top back court recruit. He led the EYBL in scoring through the first four sessions and recently decided to transfer for Montrose Christian (MD) to Findlay Prep (NV).
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)