Jun 12, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Arizona landed commitments from two of the best guards on the west coast in the Class of 2015, and while their back court, on the surface, appears to be in excellent hands in the future, there may be some trouble stirring on the horizon.
Tyler Dorsey, a top 10 recruit in the class and one of the nation’s highest-rated guards, committed to the Wildcats earlier this year but is reportedly wavering on that commitment. Justin Simon, a top 25 recruit, is the other guard that the Wildcats have accepted a commitment from.
Dorsey spoke to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports at the Team USA U18 trials on Wednesday, and while he didn’t confirm the rumors, he didn’t exactly make Arizona fans feel comfortable with his commitment to the program.
“I want to get a feel for Coach Miller here,” said Dorsey. Arizona head coach Sean Miller is an assistant on the team. “I also want to get to know Justin better. He is my roommate here. I think the rumors started when Arizona offered Allonzo Trier. There might be more to it than just that. The thing is that a lot can happen in a year. Nothing is set till you sign your Letter anyway.”
Trier is another top back court recruit. He led the EYBL in scoring through the first four sessions and recently decided to transfer for Montrose Christian (MD) to Findlay Prep (NV).
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)