Jun 12, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Arizona landed commitments from two of the best guards on the west coast in the Class of 2015, and while their back court, on the surface, appears to be in excellent hands in the future, there may be some trouble stirring on the horizon.
Tyler Dorsey, a top 10 recruit in the class and one of the nation’s highest-rated guards, committed to the Wildcats earlier this year but is reportedly wavering on that commitment. Justin Simon, a top 25 recruit, is the other guard that the Wildcats have accepted a commitment from.
Dorsey spoke to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports at the Team USA U18 trials on Wednesday, and while he didn’t confirm the rumors, he didn’t exactly make Arizona fans feel comfortable with his commitment to the program.
“I want to get a feel for Coach Miller here,” said Dorsey. Arizona head coach Sean Miller is an assistant on the team. “I also want to get to know Justin better. He is my roommate here. I think the rumors started when Arizona offered Allonzo Trier. There might be more to it than just that. The thing is that a lot can happen in a year. Nothing is set till you sign your Letter anyway.”
Trier is another top back court recruit. He led the EYBL in scoring through the first four sessions and recently decided to transfer for Montrose Christian (MD) to Findlay Prep (NV).
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)