Jun 12, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Kent State head coach Rob Senderoff has added a graduate transfer to the mix, with Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com reporting that former Rutgers guard/forward Craig Brown is joining the MAC program. As a grad transfer Brown will be eligible to play immediately for the Golden Flashes, giving them another body on the perimeter.
Brown averaged 3.6 points and 2.5 rebounds per game in his lone season at Rutgers, playing just over 14 minutes per contest and starting four of the 30 games in which he played. Brown’s best performance of the season came in an 83-76 loss to Louisville on January 4, as he shot 5-for-8 from the field and finished with a career-high 17 points. That was the lone double-digit scoring performance for Brown as a Scarlet Knight.
Brown is the seventh player to join the Kent State program this offseason, with former Maine guard Xavier Pollard being the other transfer from a Division I school. Among the additions are three junior college transfers and two freshmen. The Golden Flashes, who finished last season with a 16-16 record (7-11 MAC), return their top three scorers in guards Kris Brewer (11.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.9 apg), Derek Jackson (10.7, 3.7, 2.0) and Devereaux Manley (9.7).
- Alabama’s treatment of former player Daisha Simmons is shameful 0
- Throwback Thursday: Illinois and Arizona spar in a phenomenal 2005 Elite 8 game 0
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 1
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- NCAA twitter account effortlessly trolls MLB during playoff opener (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)