Jun 12, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Kent State head coach Rob Senderoff has added a graduate transfer to the mix, with Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com reporting that former Rutgers guard/forward Craig Brown is joining the MAC program. As a grad transfer Brown will be eligible to play immediately for the Golden Flashes, giving them another body on the perimeter.
Brown averaged 3.6 points and 2.5 rebounds per game in his lone season at Rutgers, playing just over 14 minutes per contest and starting four of the 30 games in which he played. Brown’s best performance of the season came in an 83-76 loss to Louisville on January 4, as he shot 5-for-8 from the field and finished with a career-high 17 points. That was the lone double-digit scoring performance for Brown as a Scarlet Knight.
Brown is the seventh player to join the Kent State program this offseason, with former Maine guard Xavier Pollard being the other transfer from a Division I school. Among the additions are three junior college transfers and two freshmen. The Golden Flashes, who finished last season with a 16-16 record (7-11 MAC), return their top three scorers in guards Kris Brewer (11.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.9 apg), Derek Jackson (10.7, 3.7, 2.0) and Devereaux Manley (9.7).
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)