Jun 12, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Kent State head coach Rob Senderoff has added a graduate transfer to the mix, with Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com reporting that former Rutgers guard/forward Craig Brown is joining the MAC program. As a grad transfer Brown will be eligible to play immediately for the Golden Flashes, giving them another body on the perimeter.
Brown averaged 3.6 points and 2.5 rebounds per game in his lone season at Rutgers, playing just over 14 minutes per contest and starting four of the 30 games in which he played. Brown’s best performance of the season came in an 83-76 loss to Louisville on January 4, as he shot 5-for-8 from the field and finished with a career-high 17 points. That was the lone double-digit scoring performance for Brown as a Scarlet Knight.
Brown is the seventh player to join the Kent State program this offseason, with former Maine guard Xavier Pollard being the other transfer from a Division I school. Among the additions are three junior college transfers and two freshmen. The Golden Flashes, who finished last season with a 16-16 record (7-11 MAC), return their top three scorers in guards Kris Brewer (11.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.9 apg), Derek Jackson (10.7, 3.7, 2.0) and Devereaux Manley (9.7).
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)