Jun 12, 2014, 6:58 PM EST
Kent State head coach Rob Senderoff has added a graduate transfer to the mix, with Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com reporting that former Rutgers guard/forward Craig Brown is joining the MAC program. As a grad transfer Brown will be eligible to play immediately for the Golden Flashes, giving them another body on the perimeter.
Brown averaged 3.6 points and 2.5 rebounds per game in his lone season at Rutgers, playing just over 14 minutes per contest and starting four of the 30 games in which he played. Brown’s best performance of the season came in an 83-76 loss to Louisville on January 4, as he shot 5-for-8 from the field and finished with a career-high 17 points. That was the lone double-digit scoring performance for Brown as a Scarlet Knight.
Brown is the seventh player to join the Kent State program this offseason, with former Maine guard Xavier Pollard being the other transfer from a Division I school. Among the additions are three junior college transfers and two freshmen. The Golden Flashes, who finished last season with a 16-16 record (7-11 MAC), return their top three scorers in guards Kris Brewer (11.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.9 apg), Derek Jackson (10.7, 3.7, 2.0) and Devereaux Manley (9.7).
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 9
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (10)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)