Jun 12, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Kent State head coach Rob Senderoff has added a graduate transfer to the mix, with Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com reporting that former Rutgers guard/forward Craig Brown is joining the MAC program. As a grad transfer Brown will be eligible to play immediately for the Golden Flashes, giving them another body on the perimeter.
Brown averaged 3.6 points and 2.5 rebounds per game in his lone season at Rutgers, playing just over 14 minutes per contest and starting four of the 30 games in which he played. Brown’s best performance of the season came in an 83-76 loss to Louisville on January 4, as he shot 5-for-8 from the field and finished with a career-high 17 points. That was the lone double-digit scoring performance for Brown as a Scarlet Knight.
Brown is the seventh player to join the Kent State program this offseason, with former Maine guard Xavier Pollard being the other transfer from a Division I school. Among the additions are three junior college transfers and two freshmen. The Golden Flashes, who finished last season with a 16-16 record (7-11 MAC), return their top three scorers in guards Kris Brewer (11.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.9 apg), Derek Jackson (10.7, 3.7, 2.0) and Devereaux Manley (9.7).
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)