Jun 12, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
South Carolina signee and incoming freshman James Thompson was arrested on charges of domestic abuse by battery and aggravated battery in his native Louisiana, the Times-Picayune is reporting.
Thompson is a 6-foot-9 forward from Baton Rouge and was listed as a three-star recruit, according to Rivals.com.
The arrest stems from a second incident involving Thompson’s girlfriend, both of which stemmed from arguments over the alleged victim’s Instagram page. According to the arrest report that was obtained by the paper, in August of 2013 Thompson and his girlfriend had a heated argument that turned into a physical altercation, resulting in Thompson throwing a phone at his girlfriend, giving her a black eye, and kicking her while she was on the floor.
On June 4th, the two had another altercation. The police report states that Thompson “punched the victim in the eye, slapped her in the face several times and threw things at her again, causing pain and bruises to her chin, on her leg, her eye and to the back of her right thigh”. All over a comment on her Instagram page.
Thompson claims that the second incident was only a verbal altercation and that there was no physical violence, although he admitted to throwing the phone at her.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0