Jun 12, 2014, 8:51 PM EST
With July featuring three five-day open recruiting periods, many college programs host their annual summer camps during the month of June. Murray State head coach Steve Prohm is hosting a camp this week, and among the activities is the “Ice Cream Shot.” If the shot is made, all of the campers get ice cream and that’s obviously a nice perk for the kids.
Thursday afternoon assistant coach James Kane was entrusted with making the shot, and he came through from some 75 feet away from the basket. Not sure if he called “glass” but from that distance does it really matter? Nice shot, and congrats to the campers who received the reward of ice cream on a late-spring day.
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 1
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)