Jun 13, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Brent Bach might not be playing basketball at the Division I level next season, but he got to do something that many of his peers will never get to do last weekend: play basketball with George Clooney.
Clooney and Bach are both natives of Augusta, Kentucky and Bach, a Bellarmine (Division II) recruit, had a chance to play some ball with Clooney because of a chance encounter, as the actor was back in his hometown for a family reunion.
While Clooney averaged six points a game in his senior season for a 1-26 Augusta squad, Bach poured in 31 points a game and led the school to a 20-12 record this past season.
“He told me he was proud of me and everything we did for the school and the town we represented,” Bach said to Fields.
Bach also broke down Clooney’s game to Fields saying, “He’s got an alright jump shot, and he’s in shape.”
And, of course, what is a chance encounter with a celebrity without taking a photo with that person to share on social media?
Overall, that’s a really cool and unique experience for Bach, especially since he shares a hometown connection with the celebrity that he got to play with. Bach now joins a Bellarmine squad that finished 23-8 last season and lost in the opening round of the NCAA Division II Championship’s Midwest Regional against the University of Indianapolis.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 4
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 17
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 4
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (17)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)