Jun 13, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Brent Bach might not be playing basketball at the Division I level next season, but he got to do something that many of his peers will never get to do last weekend: play basketball with George Clooney.
Clooney and Bach are both natives of Augusta, Kentucky and Bach, a Bellarmine (Division II) recruit, had a chance to play some ball with Clooney because of a chance encounter, as the actor was back in his hometown for a family reunion.
While Clooney averaged six points a game in his senior season for a 1-26 Augusta squad, Bach poured in 31 points a game and led the school to a 20-12 record this past season.
“He told me he was proud of me and everything we did for the school and the town we represented,” Bach said to Fields.
Bach also broke down Clooney’s game to Fields saying, “He’s got an alright jump shot, and he’s in shape.”
And, of course, what is a chance encounter with a celebrity without taking a photo with that person to share on social media?
Overall, that’s a really cool and unique experience for Bach, especially since he shares a hometown connection with the celebrity that he got to play with. Bach now joins a Bellarmine squad that finished 23-8 last season and lost in the opening round of the NCAA Division II Championship’s Midwest Regional against the University of Indianapolis.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 0
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1