Jun 13, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Brent Bach might not be playing basketball at the Division I level next season, but he got to do something that many of his peers will never get to do last weekend: play basketball with George Clooney.
Clooney and Bach are both natives of Augusta, Kentucky and Bach, a Bellarmine (Division II) recruit, had a chance to play some ball with Clooney because of a chance encounter, as the actor was back in his hometown for a family reunion.
While Clooney averaged six points a game in his senior season for a 1-26 Augusta squad, Bach poured in 31 points a game and led the school to a 20-12 record this past season.
“He told me he was proud of me and everything we did for the school and the town we represented,” Bach said to Fields.
Bach also broke down Clooney’s game to Fields saying, “He’s got an alright jump shot, and he’s in shape.”
And, of course, what is a chance encounter with a celebrity without taking a photo with that person to share on social media?
Overall, that’s a really cool and unique experience for Bach, especially since he shares a hometown connection with the celebrity that he got to play with. Bach now joins a Bellarmine squad that finished 23-8 last season and lost in the opening round of the NCAA Division II Championship’s Midwest Regional against the University of Indianapolis.
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)