Jun 13, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Wisconsin native Henry Ellenson is quickly moving up recruiting rankings after a strong spring in the Nike EYBL with Playground Elite. Although the 6-foot-9 Ellenson is regarded as the No. 56 prospect in Rivals.com‘s 2015 rankings, those rankings haven’t been updated after this latest spring on the grassroots circuit.
Other sites like ESPN and Scout have updated their rankings after this spring and both put Ellenson in the top 10 in the 2015 class and have bumped him up to five-star status. Ellenson averaged 18 points and 9.3 rebounds per game in 16 EYBL games this spring and the versatile big man also shot 40 percent from the field and 28 percent from the three-point line.
Schools in the Midwest are attempting to keep Ellenson close to home while national programs like Duke, North Carolina and UCLA have all offered scholarships within the last month.
(H/T: Courtside Films)
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)