Jun 13, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Wisconsin native Henry Ellenson is quickly moving up recruiting rankings after a strong spring in the Nike EYBL with Playground Elite. Although the 6-foot-9 Ellenson is regarded as the No. 56 prospect in Rivals.com‘s 2015 rankings, those rankings haven’t been updated after this latest spring on the grassroots circuit.
Other sites like ESPN and Scout have updated their rankings after this spring and both put Ellenson in the top 10 in the 2015 class and have bumped him up to five-star status. Ellenson averaged 18 points and 9.3 rebounds per game in 16 EYBL games this spring and the versatile big man also shot 40 percent from the field and 28 percent from the three-point line.
Schools in the Midwest are attempting to keep Ellenson close to home while national programs like Duke, North Carolina and UCLA have all offered scholarships within the last month.
(H/T: Courtside Films)
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)