Jun 13, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Wisconsin native Henry Ellenson is quickly moving up recruiting rankings after a strong spring in the Nike EYBL with Playground Elite. Although the 6-foot-9 Ellenson is regarded as the No. 56 prospect in Rivals.com‘s 2015 rankings, those rankings haven’t been updated after this latest spring on the grassroots circuit.
Other sites like ESPN and Scout have updated their rankings after this spring and both put Ellenson in the top 10 in the 2015 class and have bumped him up to five-star status. Ellenson averaged 18 points and 9.3 rebounds per game in 16 EYBL games this spring and the versatile big man also shot 40 percent from the field and 28 percent from the three-point line.
Schools in the Midwest are attempting to keep Ellenson close to home while national programs like Duke, North Carolina and UCLA have all offered scholarships within the last month.
(H/T: Courtside Films)
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)