Jun 13, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Wisconsin native Henry Ellenson is quickly moving up recruiting rankings after a strong spring in the Nike EYBL with Playground Elite. Although the 6-foot-9 Ellenson is regarded as the No. 56 prospect in Rivals.com‘s 2015 rankings, those rankings haven’t been updated after this latest spring on the grassroots circuit.
Other sites like ESPN and Scout have updated their rankings after this spring and both put Ellenson in the top 10 in the 2015 class and have bumped him up to five-star status. Ellenson averaged 18 points and 9.3 rebounds per game in 16 EYBL games this spring and the versatile big man also shot 40 percent from the field and 28 percent from the three-point line.
Schools in the Midwest are attempting to keep Ellenson close to home while national programs like Duke, North Carolina and UCLA have all offered scholarships within the last month.
(H/T: Courtside Films)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)