Jun 13, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Wisconsin native Henry Ellenson is quickly moving up recruiting rankings after a strong spring in the Nike EYBL with Playground Elite. Although the 6-foot-9 Ellenson is regarded as the No. 56 prospect in Rivals.com‘s 2015 rankings, those rankings haven’t been updated after this latest spring on the grassroots circuit.
Other sites like ESPN and Scout have updated their rankings after this spring and both put Ellenson in the top 10 in the 2015 class and have bumped him up to five-star status. Ellenson averaged 18 points and 9.3 rebounds per game in 16 EYBL games this spring and the versatile big man also shot 40 percent from the field and 28 percent from the three-point line.
Schools in the Midwest are attempting to keep Ellenson close to home while national programs like Duke, North Carolina and UCLA have all offered scholarships within the last month.
(H/T: Courtside Films)
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)