Jun 13, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Oakland landed another high-major transfer late this week when former Iowa State big man Percy Gibson opted to transfer to the Grizzlies, according to his Twitter.
A native of Detroit, Gibson is moving closer to home as the rising-senior played in 14 games in 2013-14 and averaged 1.2 points and 1.4 rebounds. The forward played his high school ball at Detroit Southeastern High School.
The 6-foot-9, 255-pound forward averaged double-figure minutes during his freshman and sophomore seasons in Ames, but saw his minutes decline last season as he looks to finish out his career in the Horizon League.
Gibson becomes another high-major transfer to move to the Grizzlies this offseason after former St. John’s wing Max Hooper transferred there earlier this offseason.
Oakland struggled to a 13-20 season and 7-9 finish in the Horizon League last season as Greg Kampe’s ballclub didn’t make a major impact in their new league despite having college basketball’s all-time leading three-point shooter in Travis Bader.
Bader has graduated and moved on and now Kampe will need to figure out a new go-to scorer for next season.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)