Jun 13, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Oakland landed another high-major transfer late this week when former Iowa State big man Percy Gibson opted to transfer to the Grizzlies, according to his Twitter.
A native of Detroit, Gibson is moving closer to home as the rising-senior played in 14 games in 2013-14 and averaged 1.2 points and 1.4 rebounds. The forward played his high school ball at Detroit Southeastern High School.
The 6-foot-9, 255-pound forward averaged double-figure minutes during his freshman and sophomore seasons in Ames, but saw his minutes decline last season as he looks to finish out his career in the Horizon League.
Gibson becomes another high-major transfer to move to the Grizzlies this offseason after former St. John’s wing Max Hooper transferred there earlier this offseason.
Oakland struggled to a 13-20 season and 7-9 finish in the Horizon League last season as Greg Kampe’s ballclub didn’t make a major impact in their new league despite having college basketball’s all-time leading three-point shooter in Travis Bader.
Bader has graduated and moved on and now Kampe will need to figure out a new go-to scorer for next season.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015’s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)