Jun 13, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Oakland landed another high-major transfer late this week when former Iowa State big man Percy Gibson opted to transfer to the Grizzlies, according to his Twitter.
A native of Detroit, Gibson is moving closer to home as the rising-senior played in 14 games in 2013-14 and averaged 1.2 points and 1.4 rebounds. The forward played his high school ball at Detroit Southeastern High School.
The 6-foot-9, 255-pound forward averaged double-figure minutes during his freshman and sophomore seasons in Ames, but saw his minutes decline last season as he looks to finish out his career in the Horizon League.
Gibson becomes another high-major transfer to move to the Grizzlies this offseason after former St. John’s wing Max Hooper transferred there earlier this offseason.
Oakland struggled to a 13-20 season and 7-9 finish in the Horizon League last season as Greg Kampe’s ballclub didn’t make a major impact in their new league despite having college basketball’s all-time leading three-point shooter in Travis Bader.
Bader has graduated and moved on and now Kampe will need to figure out a new go-to scorer for next season.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)