Jun 13, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Oakland landed another high-major transfer late this week when former Iowa State big man Percy Gibson opted to transfer to the Grizzlies, according to his Twitter.
A native of Detroit, Gibson is moving closer to home as the rising-senior played in 14 games in 2013-14 and averaged 1.2 points and 1.4 rebounds. The forward played his high school ball at Detroit Southeastern High School.
The 6-foot-9, 255-pound forward averaged double-figure minutes during his freshman and sophomore seasons in Ames, but saw his minutes decline last season as he looks to finish out his career in the Horizon League.
Gibson becomes another high-major transfer to move to the Grizzlies this offseason after former St. John’s wing Max Hooper transferred there earlier this offseason.
Oakland struggled to a 13-20 season and 7-9 finish in the Horizon League last season as Greg Kampe’s ballclub didn’t make a major impact in their new league despite having college basketball’s all-time leading three-point shooter in Travis Bader.
Bader has graduated and moved on and now Kampe will need to figure out a new go-to scorer for next season.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)