Jun 13, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
One of the questions that new Tennessee head coach Donnie Tyndall needed to answer this summer was the status of senior center Rawane Ndiaye. Ndiaye played in 22 games last season but averaged just over three minutes per game, with veterans Jeronne Maymon and Jarnell Stokes receiving the majority of the minutes.
Unfortunately injury has made the situation even less clear for Ndiaye, with it being reported first by Jimmy Hyams of WNML Knoxville that the 6-foot-10 big man has suffered a torn ACL. Ndiaye suffered the injury during a pickup game according to multiple reports. According to Ben Frederickson of the Knoxville News-Sentinel, a decision on Ndiaye’s future at Tennessee was expected to be made after the first session of summer school.
Tyndall and his staff have added four front court players to the program since being hired in April, with FGCU transfer Eric McKnight being joined by freshmen Jabari McGhee, Willie Carmichael and Tariq Owens. McKnight, who made the move to Tennessee as a graduate transfer, will be eligible to play immediately.
In total, Tennessee has added eight players to the program since the change from Cuonzo Martin to Donnie Tyndall.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)