Jun 13, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
One of the questions that new Tennessee head coach Donnie Tyndall needed to answer this summer was the status of senior center Rawane Ndiaye. Ndiaye played in 22 games last season but averaged just over three minutes per game, with veterans Jeronne Maymon and Jarnell Stokes receiving the majority of the minutes.
Unfortunately injury has made the situation even less clear for Ndiaye, with it being reported first by Jimmy Hyams of WNML Knoxville that the 6-foot-10 big man has suffered a torn ACL. Ndiaye suffered the injury during a pickup game according to multiple reports. According to Ben Frederickson of the Knoxville News-Sentinel, a decision on Ndiaye’s future at Tennessee was expected to be made after the first session of summer school.
Tyndall and his staff have added four front court players to the program since being hired in April, with FGCU transfer Eric McKnight being joined by freshmen Jabari McGhee, Willie Carmichael and Tariq Owens. McKnight, who made the move to Tennessee as a graduate transfer, will be eligible to play immediately.
In total, Tennessee has added eight players to the program since the change from Cuonzo Martin to Donnie Tyndall.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)