Jun 13, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
The Western Athletic Conference announced Friday that its members have decided to return to Las Vegas for next March’s conference tournaments, with both the men’s and women’s events being played at the Orleans Arena from March 11-14. The conference will have eight teams next season, with Idaho moving from the WAC to the Big Sky.
With Idaho leaving the teams remaining are Bakersfield, Chicago State, Grand Canyon, Kansas City, New Mexico State, UTPA and Utah Valley.
The Orleans Arena, which hosts the WCC tournaments the week prior, has hosted the WAC tournament for the last four seasons. The site has been an especially good one for New Mexico State, which has won the last three men’s tournaments.
The WAC men’s tournament was first held in Las Vegas in 2011, with former members Utah State and Boise State playing in the title game.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)