Jun 13, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
The Western Athletic Conference announced Friday that its members have decided to return to Las Vegas for next March’s conference tournaments, with both the men’s and women’s events being played at the Orleans Arena from March 11-14. The conference will have eight teams next season, with Idaho moving from the WAC to the Big Sky.
With Idaho leaving the teams remaining are Bakersfield, Chicago State, Grand Canyon, Kansas City, New Mexico State, UTPA and Utah Valley.
The Orleans Arena, which hosts the WCC tournaments the week prior, has hosted the WAC tournament for the last four seasons. The site has been an especially good one for New Mexico State, which has won the last three men’s tournaments.
The WAC men’s tournament was first held in Las Vegas in 2011, with former members Utah State and Boise State playing in the title game.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)