Jun 13, 2014, 9:56 AM EST
With former associate head coach Chris Jans accepting the head coaching position at Bowling Green, Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall had a spot to fill on his coaching staff. Thursday it was announced by the school that Isaac Brown, who was last a member of Michael White’s staff at Louisiana Tech, would be joining the Wichita State program as an assistant coach.
“I have known Isaac 15 years and have always enjoyed my dealings with him,” Marshall said in the release. “He is very personable and a quality individual. He has a great reputation as a coach and recruiter and is excellent at building relationships with student-athletes.
“In addition, he has coached at a very high level in the SEC, and he has also impressed me with the job he has done helping Coach White at Louisiana Tech build a nationally relevant program.”
Brown was an assistant at Louisiana Tech for the last three seasons, helping the Bulldogs win an average of nearly 25 games per season. The Bulldogs won a share of their conference’s regular season title in each of the last two years, sharing the WAC title with Denver in 2012-13 and finishing as one of four teams atop Conference USA in 2013-14.
Brown joins Greg Heiar and Steve Forbes on the Wichita State coaching staff. The Shockers, who finished the 2013-14 season with a 35-1 record, will have to account for the loss of some key front court contributors led by Cleanthony Early but they return talented guards Ron Baker and Fred Van Vleet.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)