Jun 13, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
With former associate head coach Chris Jans accepting the head coaching position at Bowling Green, Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall had a spot to fill on his coaching staff. Thursday it was announced by the school that Isaac Brown, who was last a member of Michael White’s staff at Louisiana Tech, would be joining the Wichita State program as an assistant coach.
“I have known Isaac 15 years and have always enjoyed my dealings with him,” Marshall said in the release. “He is very personable and a quality individual. He has a great reputation as a coach and recruiter and is excellent at building relationships with student-athletes.
“In addition, he has coached at a very high level in the SEC, and he has also impressed me with the job he has done helping Coach White at Louisiana Tech build a nationally relevant program.”
Brown was an assistant at Louisiana Tech for the last three seasons, helping the Bulldogs win an average of nearly 25 games per season. The Bulldogs won a share of their conference’s regular season title in each of the last two years, sharing the WAC title with Denver in 2012-13 and finishing as one of four teams atop Conference USA in 2013-14.
Brown joins Greg Heiar and Steve Forbes on the Wichita State coaching staff. The Shockers, who finished the 2013-14 season with a 35-1 record, will have to account for the loss of some key front court contributors led by Cleanthony Early but they return talented guards Ron Baker and Fred Van Vleet.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)