Jun 13, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
With former associate head coach Chris Jans accepting the head coaching position at Bowling Green, Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall had a spot to fill on his coaching staff. Thursday it was announced by the school that Isaac Brown, who was last a member of Michael White’s staff at Louisiana Tech, would be joining the Wichita State program as an assistant coach.
“I have known Isaac 15 years and have always enjoyed my dealings with him,” Marshall said in the release. “He is very personable and a quality individual. He has a great reputation as a coach and recruiter and is excellent at building relationships with student-athletes.
“In addition, he has coached at a very high level in the SEC, and he has also impressed me with the job he has done helping Coach White at Louisiana Tech build a nationally relevant program.”
Brown was an assistant at Louisiana Tech for the last three seasons, helping the Bulldogs win an average of nearly 25 games per season. The Bulldogs won a share of their conference’s regular season title in each of the last two years, sharing the WAC title with Denver in 2012-13 and finishing as one of four teams atop Conference USA in 2013-14.
Brown joins Greg Heiar and Steve Forbes on the Wichita State coaching staff. The Shockers, who finished the 2013-14 season with a 35-1 record, will have to account for the loss of some key front court contributors led by Cleanthony Early but they return talented guards Ron Baker and Fred Van Vleet.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)