Jun 13, 2014, 9:56 AM EST
With former associate head coach Chris Jans accepting the head coaching position at Bowling Green, Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall had a spot to fill on his coaching staff. Thursday it was announced by the school that Isaac Brown, who was last a member of Michael White’s staff at Louisiana Tech, would be joining the Wichita State program as an assistant coach.
“I have known Isaac 15 years and have always enjoyed my dealings with him,” Marshall said in the release. “He is very personable and a quality individual. He has a great reputation as a coach and recruiter and is excellent at building relationships with student-athletes.
“In addition, he has coached at a very high level in the SEC, and he has also impressed me with the job he has done helping Coach White at Louisiana Tech build a nationally relevant program.”
Brown was an assistant at Louisiana Tech for the last three seasons, helping the Bulldogs win an average of nearly 25 games per season. The Bulldogs won a share of their conference’s regular season title in each of the last two years, sharing the WAC title with Denver in 2012-13 and finishing as one of four teams atop Conference USA in 2013-14.
Brown joins Greg Heiar and Steve Forbes on the Wichita State coaching staff. The Shockers, who finished the 2013-14 season with a 35-1 record, will have to account for the loss of some key front court contributors led by Cleanthony Early but they return talented guards Ron Baker and Fred Van Vleet.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)