Jun 14, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT
Another in-season tournament has its field set, as on Friday the Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational announced its participants. The semifinal and championship rounds will be played on November 27-28 at the Orleans Arena, with there being two separate brackets. In the televised bracket, Illinois will play Indiana State and Memphis will face Baylor on November 27, with the championship and third place games being played the following day.
The non-televised bracket will have the same set up, with the games being Austin Peay vs. Brown and Stephen F. Austin vs. Prairie View A&M. Prior to arriving in Las Vegas each of the eight participating teams will play two games apiece, with the teams in the televised bracket serving as hosts. The on-campus match-ups have yet to be announced.
Of the four teams in the televised bracket two, Memphis and Baylor, reached the NCAA tournament with Illinois and Indiana State playing in the Postseason NIT. As for the non-televised bracket, Stephen F. Austin was the lone participant to reach the NCAA tournament. Brown also played in a postseason tournament, as the Bears played in the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
All three NCAA tournament participants in the Las Vegas Invitational field won at least one game in the Big Dance, with Baylor reaching the Sweet 16.
Below is the schedule for Las Vegas Invitational games on November 27 and 28.
Thursday, November 27
2:00 p.m. EST: Austin Peay vs. Brown
5:00 p.m. EST: Illinois vs. Indiana State (FS1)
9:00 p.m. EST: Stephen F. Austin vs. Prairie View A&M
12:00 a.m. EST: Baylor vs. Memphis (FS1)
Friday, November 28
2:30 p.m. EST: Non-televised bracket third-place game
5:00 p.m. EST: Non-televised bracket championship game
8:00 p.m. EST: Televised bracket third-place game (FS1)
10:30 p.m. EST: Televised bracket championship game (FS1)
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)