Jun 14, 2014, 4:44 PM EST
Another in-season tournament has its field set, as on Friday the Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational announced its participants. The semifinal and championship rounds will be played on November 27-28 at the Orleans Arena, with there being two separate brackets. In the televised bracket, Illinois will play Indiana State and Memphis will face Baylor on November 27, with the championship and third place games being played the following day.
The non-televised bracket will have the same set up, with the games being Austin Peay vs. Brown and Stephen F. Austin vs. Prairie View A&M. Prior to arriving in Las Vegas each of the eight participating teams will play two games apiece, with the teams in the televised bracket serving as hosts. The on-campus match-ups have yet to be announced.
Of the four teams in the televised bracket two, Memphis and Baylor, reached the NCAA tournament with Illinois and Indiana State playing in the Postseason NIT. As for the non-televised bracket, Stephen F. Austin was the lone participant to reach the NCAA tournament. Brown also played in a postseason tournament, as the Bears played in the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
All three NCAA tournament participants in the Las Vegas Invitational field won at least one game in the Big Dance, with Baylor reaching the Sweet 16.
Below is the schedule for Las Vegas Invitational games on November 27 and 28.
Thursday, November 27
2:00 p.m. EST: Austin Peay vs. Brown
5:00 p.m. EST: Illinois vs. Indiana State (FS1)
9:00 p.m. EST: Stephen F. Austin vs. Prairie View A&M
12:00 a.m. EST: Baylor vs. Memphis (FS1)
Friday, November 28
2:30 p.m. EST: Non-televised bracket third-place game
5:00 p.m. EST: Non-televised bracket championship game
8:00 p.m. EST: Televised bracket third-place game (FS1)
10:30 p.m. EST: Televised bracket championship game (FS1)
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)