Jun 14, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
In recent years there haven’t been many players who have spent a full four years in the Kentucky basketball program, due in large part to the skill level of the players recruited by John Calipari and his coaching staff. However one exception to that is recently graduated guard Jarrod Polson, who along with Jon Hood was one of two seniors on the team that reached the national title game.
College provides a high number of experiences and that can likely be said for Polson, who saw a lot of talent wear a Kentucky jersey during his four seasons in Lexington. Those experiences result in entertaining stories, and according to the Central Kentucky News Polson is considering writing a book about his time as a Wildcat.
One factor in the decision-making process was former Wildcat Jeff Sheppard, who wrote a book about his experiences playing on two (1996 and 1998) national champion teams. Sheppard won Most Outstanding Player honors at the Final Four in 1998.
While Polson had many tell him he should write a book, he was not sure until Sheppard, the Final Four MVP in UK’s 1998 national championship season, told him he should also.
“He wrote one and recommended I do it,” Polson said. “I feel like I learned a lot and may as well do it. There are some very good behind the scene stories I can share. I am hoping to share stories that people do not know about and a lot of personal experiences that I have been through. I don’t think there has really been a book like that since coach (John) Calipari has been here. Twany (Beckham) wrote a book, but it was about his life and not that much about UK. It will be interesting to see how it goes.”
Hard to envision Polson’s book matching one such as Jim Bouton’s “Ball Four” when it comes to controversial details (and yes, Bouton wrote the book himself), but this would likely be an interesting read for Kentucky fans who cheered on he and his teammates over the last four years.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)