Jun 15, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
For the second time this month, Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy has landed a guard for his Class of 2015.
Bolingbrook High (Illinois) 2015 point guard Prentiss Nixon committed to the Rams, he announced via his personal Twitter account on Sunday afternoon. The 6-foot-1 floor general was on campus in Fort Collins this weekend.
According to College Basketball Talk‘s Scott Phillips, Nixon “can knock in shots from the perimeter or handle the ball and make plays as a passer.” He was part of a talented high school back court, and on the grassroots circuit, he is playing for one of the better teams in the Under Armour Association, the Illinois Wolves. In nine games, he averaged 5.0 points and 1.7 rebounds per game.
On June 3, the Rams received a commitment from three-star shooting guard Anthony Bonner.
Colorado State has one scholarship available for the 2015-2016 season.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)