Jun 15, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
For the second time this month, Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy has landed a guard for his Class of 2015.
Bolingbrook High (Illinois) 2015 point guard Prentiss Nixon committed to the Rams, he announced via his personal Twitter account on Sunday afternoon. The 6-foot-1 floor general was on campus in Fort Collins this weekend.
According to College Basketball Talk‘s Scott Phillips, Nixon “can knock in shots from the perimeter or handle the ball and make plays as a passer.” He was part of a talented high school back court, and on the grassroots circuit, he is playing for one of the better teams in the Under Armour Association, the Illinois Wolves. In nine games, he averaged 5.0 points and 1.7 rebounds per game.
On June 3, the Rams received a commitment from three-star shooting guard Anthony Bonner.
Colorado State has one scholarship available for the 2015-2016 season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)