Jun 15, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
For the second time this month, Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy has landed a guard for his Class of 2015.
Bolingbrook High (Illinois) 2015 point guard Prentiss Nixon committed to the Rams, he announced via his personal Twitter account on Sunday afternoon. The 6-foot-1 floor general was on campus in Fort Collins this weekend.
According to College Basketball Talk‘s Scott Phillips, Nixon “can knock in shots from the perimeter or handle the ball and make plays as a passer.” He was part of a talented high school back court, and on the grassroots circuit, he is playing for one of the better teams in the Under Armour Association, the Illinois Wolves. In nine games, he averaged 5.0 points and 1.7 rebounds per game.
On June 3, the Rams received a commitment from three-star shooting guard Anthony Bonner.
Colorado State has one scholarship available for the 2015-2016 season.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 0
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)