Jun 15, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
For the second time this month, Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy has landed a guard for his Class of 2015.
Bolingbrook High (Illinois) 2015 point guard Prentiss Nixon committed to the Rams, he announced via his personal Twitter account on Sunday afternoon. The 6-foot-1 floor general was on campus in Fort Collins this weekend.
According to College Basketball Talk‘s Scott Phillips, Nixon “can knock in shots from the perimeter or handle the ball and make plays as a passer.” He was part of a talented high school back court, and on the grassroots circuit, he is playing for one of the better teams in the Under Armour Association, the Illinois Wolves. In nine games, he averaged 5.0 points and 1.7 rebounds per game.
On June 3, the Rams received a commitment from three-star shooting guard Anthony Bonner.
Colorado State has one scholarship available for the 2015-2016 season.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)