Jun 15, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
Jim Christian took over the Boston College program in early April. While leading scorer Olivier Hanlan decided to return to school, starters Ryan Anderson and Joe Rahon both transferred out.
The new BC coaching staff suffered another setback in May, when three-star 2015 commit Jeremy Miller, who had committed to Steve Donahue, decided to reopen his recruitment, leaving the Eagles without a player in its Class of 2015.
Since making that announcement, multiple teams have jumped into the mix for the 6-foot-9 power forward.
“My phone has been blowing up the entire time,” Miller told NBCSports.com on Saturday afternoon. “Interest from Michigan, Wisconsin, Xavier, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech.”
Despite backing away from his commitment following the coaching change, Miller, the Milton, Massachusetts native, says Boston College is still high on his list. When he picked BC in February, Donahue sold him on being a big part of the rebuilding process. Christian and his staff shared similar thoughts, but Miller was looking for more from the new staff.
“I wanted him (Christian) to recruit me,” Miller said.
The New Hampton School (New Hampshire) big man is looking to take some official visits in the fall, with one of those visits likely taking place in nearby Chestnut Hill.
“As of right now, I’d say Wisconsin, Xavier and Boston College are ones I’m going to try and take,” he said. “Even though I’ve been on [the BC] campus so many times, and know my way around, I still feel like there’s a little more to the school I don’t know about.”
Miller emphasized that this is his plans at the moment. He has yet to go through the July live period events with BABC, which qualified for the Peach Jam in North Augusta, South Carolina, and will appear in the Super Showcase in Louisville next month. A strong performance in either event would attract new schools, and could alter his current plans for official visits and a timetable to make a decision.
Miller is averaging 8.5 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.0 block per game for BABC in the Nike EYBL. He is listed as the No. 125 overall recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)