Jun 15, 2014, 5:56 PM EST
Less than a month after the departure of assistant coach Glynn Cyprien from the Texas A&M program earlier this spring, junior guard Jamal Jones announced his intentions to leave the SEC program. Jones, who began his college career at Ole Miss, averaged 13.4 points and 4.1 rebounds per game in his lone season as an Aggie.
For a team to lose its most productive offensive option would lead for questions from outside of the program, and as Jones looks to find a school where he can complete his college career it seems (according to him) as if he’s run into some difficulties. Saturday, Jones took to Twitter to voice his frustrations on the matter.
Eventually cooler heads seemed to prevail, with Cyprien telling to Jones via Twitter to take the high road regarding the matter. Jones averaged 16.0 points per game in SEC play, with forward Kourtney Roberson (8.7 ppg) being the team’s second-leading scorer in conference games.
It remains to be seen if anything more comes of Jones’ tweets regarding his decision to leave College Station. A Texas A&M spokesperson told NBC Sports that at present time there was no comment regarding Jones’ tweets, but they are aware of the situation.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)