Jun 16, 2014, 11:27 AM EST
We finally have a date for what is annually one of college basketball’s most anticipated games.
Kentucky, who will enter the 2014-2015 season as the consensus preseason No. 1 team in the country, will head to the KFC Yum! Center to take on Louisville on Dec. 27th, a Saturday.
The game will be called the “Hall of Fame Shootout” and the proceeds from it will benefit the Naismith Hall of Fame. It will be televised on ESPN 2, which seems silly until you realize that Dec. 27th is in the throes of college football’s bowl season.
For what it’s worth, if you watch a bowl game on Dec. 27th instead of Kentucky-Louisville, we are no longer friends.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)