Jun 16, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
We finally have a date for what is annually one of college basketball’s most anticipated games.
Kentucky, who will enter the 2014-2015 season as the consensus preseason No. 1 team in the country, will head to the KFC Yum! Center to take on Louisville on Dec. 27th, a Saturday.
The game will be called the “Hall of Fame Shootout” and the proceeds from it will benefit the Naismith Hall of Fame. It will be televised on ESPN 2, which seems silly until you realize that Dec. 27th is in the throes of college football’s bowl season.
For what it’s worth, if you watch a bowl game on Dec. 27th instead of Kentucky-Louisville, we are no longer friends.
- Alabama’s treatment of former player Daisha Simmons is shameful 0
- Throwback Thursday: Illinois and Arizona spar in a phenomenal 2005 Elite 8 game 0
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 1
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- NCAA twitter account effortlessly trolls MLB during playoff opener (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)