Jun 16, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
We finally have a date for what is annually one of college basketball’s most anticipated games.
Kentucky, who will enter the 2014-2015 season as the consensus preseason No. 1 team in the country, will head to the KFC Yum! Center to take on Louisville on Dec. 27th, a Saturday.
The game will be called the “Hall of Fame Shootout” and the proceeds from it will benefit the Naismith Hall of Fame. It will be televised on ESPN 2, which seems silly until you realize that Dec. 27th is in the throes of college football’s bowl season.
For what it’s worth, if you watch a bowl game on Dec. 27th instead of Kentucky-Louisville, we are no longer friends.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)