Jun 16, 2014, 11:27 AM EST
We finally have a date for what is annually one of college basketball’s most anticipated games.
Kentucky, who will enter the 2014-2015 season as the consensus preseason No. 1 team in the country, will head to the KFC Yum! Center to take on Louisville on Dec. 27th, a Saturday.
The game will be called the “Hall of Fame Shootout” and the proceeds from it will benefit the Naismith Hall of Fame. It will be televised on ESPN 2, which seems silly until you realize that Dec. 27th is in the throes of college football’s bowl season.
For what it’s worth, if you watch a bowl game on Dec. 27th instead of Kentucky-Louisville, we are no longer friends.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)