Jun 16, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
We finally have a date for what is annually one of college basketball’s most anticipated games.
Kentucky, who will enter the 2014-2015 season as the consensus preseason No. 1 team in the country, will head to the KFC Yum! Center to take on Louisville on Dec. 27th, a Saturday.
The game will be called the “Hall of Fame Shootout” and the proceeds from it will benefit the Naismith Hall of Fame. It will be televised on ESPN 2, which seems silly until you realize that Dec. 27th is in the throes of college football’s bowl season.
For what it’s worth, if you watch a bowl game on Dec. 27th instead of Kentucky-Louisville, we are no longer friends.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)