Jun 16, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Anthony Hickey will be immediately eligible to play at Oklahoma State this season.
“Anthony brings us great experience and a lot of versatility at the guard position,” Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford said in a statement. “He’s someone who has competed and played at the highest level in the SEC (Southeastern Conference). He could be a game-changer defensively with his quickness, and is one of the top steal guys in the country, so we really expect him to enhance our defense. He will bring great energy on the court, and is a fierce competitor.”
Hickey spent the past three seasons at LSU as their starting point guard. He averaged 8.4 points and 3.7 assists as a junior last season, which was down from his numbers as a sophomore when he averaged 11.2 points, 3.4 assists and 2.9 steals.
Hickey’s addition will be important for an Oklahoma State team that lost a number of key pieces from last season. They return Phil Forte and Le’Bryan Nash, but with Marcus Smart and Markel Brown graduating and Stevie Clark’s dismissal, Ford is going to need some experienced playmaking in his back court. Hickey can provide that.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)