Jun 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Andy Kennedy dipped into the JuCo ranks to score his first commitment in Ole Miss’ Class of 2015.
Southwest Tennessee Community College guard Rasheed Brooks verbally pledged to the Rebels on Monday afternoon. Hugh Kellenberger of the Clarion-Ledger first reported the news.
Auburn was also recruiting Brooks. Ole Miss hired former Auburn assistant coach Tony Madlock to the same position in early May. Madlock has strong ties in Memphis, and had been recruiting Brooks for the Tigers, according to Kellenberger.
The 6-foot-6 Brooks averaged 12.5 points and 4.0 rebounds per game. He shot nearly 43 percent from behind the arc in his first season with the Saluqis.
“He’ll be one of the top junior college prospects in the country for this upcoming year,” Southwest Tennessee Community College head coach Jerry Nichols told the Clarion-Ledger. “He’s a 6-foot-6 2-guard that can really stretch the defense.”
With Jarvis Summers and Ladarius White both out of eligibility after this upcoming season, and sophomore guard Derrick Millinghaus transferring out of the program in April, Brooks is a valuable addition to the Ole Miss perimeter for the 2015-2016 season.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)