Jun 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Andy Kennedy dipped into the JuCo ranks to score his first commitment in Ole Miss’ Class of 2015.
Southwest Tennessee Community College guard Rasheed Brooks verbally pledged to the Rebels on Monday afternoon. Hugh Kellenberger of the Clarion-Ledger first reported the news.
Auburn was also recruiting Brooks. Ole Miss hired former Auburn assistant coach Tony Madlock to the same position in early May. Madlock has strong ties in Memphis, and had been recruiting Brooks for the Tigers, according to Kellenberger.
The 6-foot-6 Brooks averaged 12.5 points and 4.0 rebounds per game. He shot nearly 43 percent from behind the arc in his first season with the Saluqis.
“He’ll be one of the top junior college prospects in the country for this upcoming year,” Southwest Tennessee Community College head coach Jerry Nichols told the Clarion-Ledger. “He’s a 6-foot-6 2-guard that can really stretch the defense.”
With Jarvis Summers and Ladarius White both out of eligibility after this upcoming season, and sophomore guard Derrick Millinghaus transferring out of the program in April, Brooks is a valuable addition to the Ole Miss perimeter for the 2015-2016 season.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)