Jun 16, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
College basketball’s 2014-2015 non-conference schedule is shaping up to be an incredible slate of competitive, early-season games. One of those being Duke taking on UConn, which was announced in late April. On Monday, a date was set for a neutral floor contest.
UConn, the defending national champion, will take on Duke, which will likely be No. 2 in the preseason polls behind Kentucky, will meet on Dec. 18 for an 8 p.m. tip at the Izod Center in the Meadowlands.
This will be the 10th time these two programs have faced one another, all of them being played at neutral sites. Duke has won five of the matchups. However, the Huskies knocked off the Blue Devils, en route to two of their four national championships. UConn defeated Duke, 77-74 in the 1999 National Title game, and then topped the Blue Devils in the 2004 Final Four before capturing the title over Georgia Tech.
As previously noted, this December matchup makes each team’s out-of-conference schedule a bit tougher. UConn has games at Florida and against Texas while also participating in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. Duke has appearances in the Champions Classic, Coaches vs. Cancer Classic and the annual Big Ten/ACC Challenge before heading into conference play.
These two teams last met in November 2009. Duke won 68-59 inside Madison Square Garden.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)