Jun 16, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
College basketball’s 2014-2015 non-conference schedule is shaping up to be an incredible slate of competitive, early-season games. One of those being Duke taking on UConn, which was announced in late April. On Monday, a date was set for a neutral floor contest.
UConn, the defending national champion, will take on Duke, which will likely be No. 2 in the preseason polls behind Kentucky, will meet on Dec. 18 for an 8 p.m. tip at the Izod Center in the Meadowlands.
This will be the 10th time these two programs have faced one another, all of them being played at neutral sites. Duke has won five of the matchups. However, the Huskies knocked off the Blue Devils, en route to two of their four national championships. UConn defeated Duke, 77-74 in the 1999 National Title game, and then topped the Blue Devils in the 2004 Final Four before capturing the title over Georgia Tech.
As previously noted, this December matchup makes each team’s out-of-conference schedule a bit tougher. UConn has games at Florida and against Texas while also participating in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. Duke has appearances in the Champions Classic, Coaches vs. Cancer Classic and the annual Big Ten/ACC Challenge before heading into conference play.
These two teams last met in November 2009. Duke won 68-59 inside Madison Square Garden.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)