Jun 17, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Creighton received a verbal commitment from Justin Patton, a 6-foot-10 2015 center from Omaha North High (Nebraska). This was first reported by Nebraska High School Hoops on Tuesday evening, followed by multiple reports that confirmed the commitment.
“I really worked on my game since last summer,” Patton told Nebraska High School Hoops. “I am excited about the opportunity to play at Creighton. It gives me a chance to play in front of my family at the highest level. My goal is to play at the highest level I possibly can, and Creighton allows me to do that.”
In its first year as a member of the Big East, Creighton finished second in the conference standings. Despite making a third straight NCAA tournament, the Bluejays failed to get past the first weekend. Without National Player of the Year Doug McDermott, and three other starters, Creighton will likely take a step back this upcoming season.
Patton is technically the first commit in Creighton’s 2015 recruiting class. However, head coach Greg McDermott has been active this spring, putting pieces together for the 2015-2016 season. Point guard Mo Watson Jr. (Boston University) and power forward Cole Huff (Nevada) have both transferred into the program and will be eligible after sitting out next season, due to NCAA transfer rules.
As a junior, Patton averaged 11.8 points and 7.9 rebounds.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)