Jun 17, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
The last of Maryland’s five transfers has finally settled on a home to continue his collegiate career.
Nick Faust will transfer to Long Beach State, according to a report from ESPN.com. Faust spent three seasons with the Terps, averaging 9.4 points as a junior, but he never did quite find a way to fit in with Mark Turgeon’s system.
Faust will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season, but he should be an all-Big West caliber player during 2015-2016. Long Beach State has a reputation for being one of the best mid-major programs out west while thriving on the use of cast-offs from bigger programs.
Faust is one of five players that left the Maryland program this offseason: Roddy Peters (South Florida), Charles Mitchell (Georgia Tech), Seth Allen (Virginia Tech) and Shaq Cleare (Texas) are the others.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)