Jun 17, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
The last of Maryland’s five transfers has finally settled on a home to continue his collegiate career.
Nick Faust will transfer to Long Beach State, according to a report from ESPN.com. Faust spent three seasons with the Terps, averaging 9.4 points as a junior, but he never did quite find a way to fit in with Mark Turgeon’s system.
Faust will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season, but he should be an all-Big West caliber player during 2015-2016. Long Beach State has a reputation for being one of the best mid-major programs out west while thriving on the use of cast-offs from bigger programs.
Faust is one of five players that left the Maryland program this offseason: Roddy Peters (South Florida), Charles Mitchell (Georgia Tech), Seth Allen (Virginia Tech) and Shaq Cleare (Texas) are the others.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)