Jun 17, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
The last of Maryland’s five transfers has finally settled on a home to continue his collegiate career.
Nick Faust will transfer to Long Beach State, according to a report from ESPN.com. Faust spent three seasons with the Terps, averaging 9.4 points as a junior, but he never did quite find a way to fit in with Mark Turgeon’s system.
Faust will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season, but he should be an all-Big West caliber player during 2015-2016. Long Beach State has a reputation for being one of the best mid-major programs out west while thriving on the use of cast-offs from bigger programs.
Faust is one of five players that left the Maryland program this offseason: Roddy Peters (South Florida), Charles Mitchell (Georgia Tech), Seth Allen (Virginia Tech) and Shaq Cleare (Texas) are the others.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1