Jun 17, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
The last of Maryland’s five transfers has finally settled on a home to continue his collegiate career.
Nick Faust will transfer to Long Beach State, according to a report from ESPN.com. Faust spent three seasons with the Terps, averaging 9.4 points as a junior, but he never did quite find a way to fit in with Mark Turgeon’s system.
Faust will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season, but he should be an all-Big West caliber player during 2015-2016. Long Beach State has a reputation for being one of the best mid-major programs out west while thriving on the use of cast-offs from bigger programs.
Faust is one of five players that left the Maryland program this offseason: Roddy Peters (South Florida), Charles Mitchell (Georgia Tech), Seth Allen (Virginia Tech) and Shaq Cleare (Texas) are the others.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)