Jun 17, 2014, 12:37 PM EST
The last of Maryland’s five transfers has finally settled on a home to continue his collegiate career.
Nick Faust will transfer to Long Beach State, according to a report from ESPN.com. Faust spent three seasons with the Terps, averaging 9.4 points as a junior, but he never did quite find a way to fit in with Mark Turgeon’s system.
Faust will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season, but he should be an all-Big West caliber player during 2015-2016. Long Beach State has a reputation for being one of the best mid-major programs out west while thriving on the use of cast-offs from bigger programs.
Faust is one of five players that left the Maryland program this offseason: Roddy Peters (South Florida), Charles Mitchell (Georgia Tech), Seth Allen (Virginia Tech) and Shaq Cleare (Texas) are the others.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)